Apt Gutter Cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apt Gutter Cleaning

I had an low income apt. complex owner call me today asking for a bid on cleaning heir gutters out twice a year. The buildings are a total of 588 lin. ft. spread out along 7 buildings. They are roughly 22 ft up with a very low pitch roof so you can easily walk on them.

They have no trees around but still want them blown out occasionally.

If I were to charge .75 per ft it would be $441. Is this to extreme? Please let me know.

They also have another complex with roughly 1200 lin ft two blocks away. Please let me know your input.

How are you planning on cleaning out the gutters and how much time are you estimating it will take you?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How are you planning on cleaning out the gutters and how much time are you estimating it will take you?
      The gutters will not take long at all as they are not dirty whatsoever. I will take a blower up with me and head down the roof.

Comment

I would charge around $700.

Comment

$700? Wow, where are you located and what would cost so much to do gutters?

Comment

Can you give us a break down on that cost to show us how you'd suggest coming to that figure?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Can you give us a break down on that cost to show us how you'd suggest coming to that figure?
              I charge $1.25-$2.00 per linear ft depending on height. I like to average over $100 a hour on anything high risk. Since its one location and the travel cost and other expenses are lower, I could see you bidding less but thats the going rate around here.

Its not cost but risk associated with it. If you fall, how much money would you lose? We also will install new brackets or fix pitch at no cost, if needed.

We do snow removal off roofs starting at $165 first hour and $100 per man hour and are lower then most. The town was paying contractors up to $200 per man hour during a heavy snowfall last winter.

Comment

I like to average over $100 a hour on anything high risk.
                What's your view on what makes a gutter job high risk vs low risk?

Comment

What's your view on what makes a gutter job high risk vs low risk?
                  The chance of falling. Your dealing with heights, electrical wires, etc. I fell coming down a ladder once last year. I was ok but it couldve been worst. We use two guys on every gutter job just for safety.

The reason why homeowners wont do it because lack of equipment and fear of heights. Anyone can mow a lawn not everyone can climb on a 30ft roof.

When it came to estimates that led to work. Gutter cleaning had the highest closing percentage of all services.

Comment

With such jobs, how do you find having two employees helps improve safety? Do you mean one holds the ladder for the other that is on it scooping out any material from the gutters?

Comment

With such jobs, how do you find having two employees helps improve safety? Do you mean one holds the ladder for the other that is on it scooping out any material from the gutters?
                      Yes, especially if you have a 40 ft ladder in use. I seen ladders fall down with no one on them too. Imagine your on the roof and go to get down to find your ladder laying on the lawn.

In the incident where I fell. I was coming down and slipped. I held on the ladder but it went to the side. My other guy was right around the corner and almost made it there in time to catch the ladder.

If you do fall and are by yourself. Who is going to call for help?

Comment

Clay has this discussion helped you in the way you are going to bid and perform the job?

Comment

Clay has this discussion helped you in the way you are going to bid and perform the job?
                          Yes sir, for the most part. The one that is stumping me is the snow plowing and shoveling for the same complex.

Comment

Let us know how this job goes and how your actual job times compare with how long you were estimating it would take you to do.

Comment

Working...
                            X