New apartment complex mowing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New apartment complex mowing

I was contacted by a local real estate company today that asked me to bid on a new historic apartment complex three blocks from my business. There is very little grass and would have to be done with a 21 inch push mower. And blowing the parking lot off. The agent also said we would need to discuss snow removal which is not a very big parking lot at all. I am thinking about starting all bidding per cut I was thinking possibly $40 per cut does that sound right?

Here are a few pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

two more photos
      Attached Files

Comment

The first picture seems to be cut off. Do you want to try and repost it?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The first picture seems to be cut off. Do you want to try and repost it?
          Sorry Steve, here it is.
          Attached Files

Comment

you could use a walkbehind mower on that. The price seems fair considering I cant tell the exact dimensions. The question is what else is included?

Typically they want all the extras, edging, mulch, trimming, spring/fall clean ups, etc. If you bid it like this you can charge triple your price and 90% of the time all youll be doing is the mowing.

Comment

you could use a walkbehind mower on that. The price seems fair considering I cant tell the exact dimensions. The question is what else is included?

Typically they want all the extras, edging, mulch, trimming, spring/fall clean ups, etc. If you bid it like this you can charge triple your price and 90% of the time all youll be doing is the mowing.
              They want nothing but mowing, trimming, blowing. It is a small enough amount of grass, I could weedeat the grass in about 15 mins.

Comment

sounds fair to me.

Comment

Do you have an overhead shot of this and do you know the sq ft of grass you will need to mow? What about the linear feet you need to trim?

I could weedeat the grass in about 15 mins.
                  What's your estimate on the total time the job will take?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Do you have an overhead shot of this and do you know the sq ft of grass you will need to mow? What about the linear feet you need to trim?

What's your estimate on the total time the job will take?
                    It would take me no more than 35-40 min. by myself cutting, trimming and blowing that property.

Comment

$40 a cut for 40 minutes seems to be a good price. How does that rate per minute compare with your other jobs in that area?

Also, if you want to show an overhead view, it would help teach others how to bid too. You can take out any specific references in the image if you'd like.

Comment

$40 a cut for 40 minutes seems to be a good price. How does that rate per minute compare with your other jobs in that area?

Also, if you want to show an overhead view, it would help teach others how to bid too. You can take out any specific references in the image if you'd like.
                        Here is the property before it was renovated. Most of the area to the right of the building is now all asphalt.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=e9obmDz9IE
                        Last edited by Clays Landscape; 01-06-2012, 10:28 PM. Reason: Bad link

Comment

So that property could be approximately 150ft by 200ft.
                          Attached Files

Comment

So that property could be approximately 150ft by 200ft.
                            That is correct Steve.

Comment

Working...
                            X