Gutter Cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter Cleaning

I have heard in the past that you should charge $1 per linear foot in gutter cleaning. Does this sound right or what are your rates?

I just did a house that was absolutely horrible, full of paint chips and leaves from 4 years. That house was a total of 108 lin. ft.

Ive heard that to

What I do here is charge $1 a foot for one story house or gutters on the first story I charge $1.50 a foot for gutters above that. That's just what I do. I would not hesitate to charge more for gutters that full.

Comment

I just did a house that was absolutely horrible, full of paint chips and leaves from 4 years. That house was a total of 108 lin. ft.
      How high up were the gutters and how did you clean them?

Also how long did it take to perform?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

1.50 single story and 2.00 for above that.

You got to remember some smaller homes have 40-60 ft of gutters. I'm not showing up for $40 bucks.

Comment

How high up were the gutters and how did you clean them?

Also how long did it take to perform?
          The front gutters were not too high but the back was roughly 20-25 ft up.

The incline was to steep to get on the roof so I continued to simply move the ladder ever few few.

It took me right at an hour.

Comment

If you could rebid the job, would you have done it differently?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

If you could rebid the job, would you have done it differently?
              No sir, doing the job made me happy enough. I am slow now.

Comment

Bumping an old thread for more input.

I don't normally offer gutter cleaning - hate ladders. Need some input on pricing this...

A client has a home for sale (vacant) and the detached garage gutters are filled with debris/maple "helicopter" seeds, and the entire length has saplings about 5" tall growing in it.

The back gutter can be reached from the ground - easy.

The front gutter is a bit over 8' off the ground, and the drive is level concrete, so my 8" step ladder will work fine for accessing that part.

Each gutter is 20' long for a total of 40' of gutters completely filled with debris and with the entire top area completely filled with little maple saplings that have sprouted.

I know they aren't going to want to spend a lot, so I don't expect this to be a money maker, but priced fairly, it will be a supplement to my regular mowing.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I charge $1.00 per foot for a one story and $2.00 per foot over that, if the roof is less than a 6/12 pitch. Over a 6/12 pitch I add .50 per foot for each. The reason being is on a 6/12 pitch or less, I can get up on the roof and use either a leaf blower or vacuum to get the leaves out making it easier and faster. Steeper roofs require me to work from the ladder and require more time.

Comment

Here's the front...

Here's the back...

The stuff seems to pull out easily enough although it is messy...

I also need to clean up the mess in the driveway...

Drive continues down a slope another 30' past what you can see here...

I figure the driveway cleanup should take 30 mins to blow it and scoop/bag it up. Not sure how long the gutters will take.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A buck a foot for one story, a buck and a half for two. 50 cents a foot added for steeper pitches or clay tiles etc, that you cannot get on the roof.

Like SECT said some homes only have a 80 feet of gutters....so just as a minimum on mowing, i have a minimum on gutter cleaning.....I don't take my ladder out for less than $100 bucks on a one story....less than $150 for a two story.

since it seems an easy job since one side doesn't even require a ladder and the other only takes an 8 footer, I'd figure out that price and take 10% off if you have to find a place to dump it, and a 20% discount if they have a place to dump it on their property.

So, for that property I would charge $90 if i had to dump it, $80 if they have an area to dump it on the property.

Comment

I would say go up with the blower, the cleanup after takes no time at all.

Unfortunately, that roof is pretty steep and I doubt a blower can move that crap.

$100.00

Shimmy across the ladder and toss that crap on the ground using a dish glove, and bring a rag with some Windex to make the gutters look a tad cleaner on the outside. Client should then be happy.

I doubt bleach is a good idea to use for gutters, but man does it clean a dirty bathtub! I'd say bring a water bottle full of bleach, and the gunk inside the gutters should lift right off.

ALSO, you might need a knife. I've encountered jobs where roots have grown in between tiny cracks and sometimes you just can't pull the plant out without breaking something.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, roof is way steep. I'm not going up there.

I was thinking I'd lay a blue tarp on the ground and just toss the gunk down onto it. I do have a gutter scoop at home that may come in handy.

I was thinking $100-$120 to do the gutter and the driveway.

If it were someone else, I'd bump it up a little, but I quoted him a fair price for hedge trimming last season and he just did it himself instead. This roof isn't something that the homeowner couldn't do himself either, so I know if I price it higher, he'll just do this himself as well.

Comment

I would still charge over a $100 just for gutters. Most people wont get on ladders. I had homeowner refuse to climb up so I can show them damage. Its one of those jobs that 95% people wont do. The gutters wouldnt be in that bad of shape if he was willing to do it either.

I normally bring a 5 gallon bucket. Its less messy but those gutters would fill it up quick.

Comment

I quoted $125. Will see what he says.

Comment

Working...
                              X