apartment mowing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apartment mowing

I want to put a few bids in on some apartment complex's just wondering if I need insurance and what type if any ?

If you're mowing any property, whether it commercial or residential you should have liability insurance.

it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of how much.

You need to have insurance if you are working on someone else's property

Comment

Don't mean to sound rude but....

If you're mowing any property, whether it commercial or residential you should have liability insurance.

it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of how much.

sorry, but i don't understand how anyone can think it's ok to not have insurance if they are working on someone else's property
      Have to agree and its cheap. They wont even allow you on the property till they get a COI.

Comment

just wondering if I need insurance and what type if any ?
        Each commercial job will have their own requirements, but I am thinking most will be 1 to 2 million in liability insurance.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Funny story about that, I am in school and just finished my horticulture degree. this semester i had a teacher that was a sales rep for a large company. Our project was to basically make a report on how we would take care of this specific apartment complex and towards the end of the semester he told us that he was actually losing the contract.
          The reason he told us was because that one of the residents had planted a piece of trash behind a bush and then called the association and complained. The company sent someone out and couldn't find it. So the resident even went so far as to take a picture of the piece of trash upload it, and email it to the company (I know right). The company sent a guys out and still couldn't find it. After a while they finally found it after they had finally received a very detailed location of it.
          My teacher suspects they just wanted a reason to shop for a new contract, but who knows

Comment

Does any of that really help them though? I mean isn't the contract good for a specific period of time after which they are free to look for other bids?

Or are you thinking they used this opportunity somehow to break out of the contract?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Does any of that really help them though? I mean isn't the contract good for a specific period of time after which they are free to look for other bids?

Or are you thinking they used this opportunity somehow to break out of the contract?
              Right now I have contracts with seven apartmenst and mine is $300,000.00 insurance. I am looking at moving it to 1m. So far I have kept all my contracts but when they call I JUMP and I JUMP fast and I always do more than asked.

Example is I got a call from one of the property managers to meet them at the apartment to look at cutting some trees limbs. I got right on it then about 30 minutes I get another call from them asking me if I would mind scooping up the poop and toilet paper that was on the ground due to a backed up apartment that had been fixed. Yep, I got my tools out and went to work and took care of it for them.

Comment

Right now I have contracts with seven apartmenst and mine is $300,000.00 insurance. I am looking at moving it to 1m. So far I have kept all my contracts but when they call I JUMP and I JUMP fast and I always do more than asked.

Example is I got a call from one of the property managers to meet them at the apartment to look at cutting some trees limbs. I got right on it then about 30 minutes I get another call from them asking me if I would mind scooping up the poop and toilet paper that was on the ground due to a backed up apartment that had been fixed. Yep, I got my tools out and went to work and took care of it for them.
                Now do you charge this as out of contract or do you do that as part of the contract?

I would look at getting a mil and shopping around. Your probable paying close to the same.

Comment

Now do you charge this as out of contract or do you do that as part of the contract?

I would look at getting a mil and shopping around. Your probable paying close to the same.
                  I look at how many weeks I will need to mow through the year and come up with a per month price. I have all my service included in this as well.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X