Yearly Contract Bid Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearly Contract Bid Help

I am bidding on the different branches of a local bank that has 7 branches. Here is the Service Agreement:

Weekly Duties:
    Cut & Trim Grass
    Trash Removal from landscaped areas and parking lot, including drive thru lines
    Remove Grasss Clippings
    Clean walk ways & drivesways
    weed control in beds
    leaf removal

Semi Annual:
    Fertilize Lawns
    Trim Shrubbery
    Mulch existing plantings

Annually:
    Edge All Beds

My question is how much should I be charging for the off season weekly visits where nothing will need to be done for the most part. The three branches are within one mile from my business. I do not want to mark up any one branch too much because if it will jeporodize getting the contract.

The first link is showing how small the first branch is. I could cut all the grass with a weedeater.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=ekwO3uTYuY

This second link shows the branch on the other side of twon about two miles from the one above.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=FST5NKAUAy
    Attached Files

I am bidding on the different branches of a local bank that has 7 branches. Here is the Service Agreement:

Weekly Duties:
    Cut & Trim Grass
    Remove Grasss Clippings
    weed control in beds
    leaf removal

Semi Annual:
    Fertilize Lawns
    Trim Shrubbery
    Mulch existing plantings

Annually:
    Edge All Beds

My question is how much should I be charging for the off season weekly visits where nothing will need to be done for the most part. The three branches are within one mile from my business. I do not want to mark up any one branch too much because if it will jeporodize getting the contract.

The first link is showing how small the first branch is. I could cut all the grass with a weedeater.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=ekwO3uTYuY

This second link shows the branch on the other side of twon about two miles from the one above.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=FST5NKAUAy
    I didn't see SNOW included in this scope of work scheme, so I don't know how you can charge for any off-season services...maybe get paid per time for pruning...other than you would need to set up from May 1st to November 1st price schemes for each service.....are you only going to handle 3 branches?
    08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
    05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
    4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
    3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
    1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
    20' Enclosed trailer
    18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
    2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

My question is how much should I be charging for the off season weekly visits where nothing will need to be done for the most part.
      Have you figured out how much you are going to be bidding on these services?

Weekly Duties:
      Cut & Trim Grass
      Remove Grasss Clippings
      weed control in beds
      leaf removal

Semi Annual:
      Fertilize Lawns
      Trim Shrubbery
      Mulch existing plantings

Annually:
      Edge All Beds
      Did you come up with a total price for the year and then divide it by 12?

Are you going to be required to show up there on the off season to do anything like plowing or trash cleanup or pickup up twigs or anything else?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Now are you bidding on all of the branches or just two? If you are bidding on all of them, where are all of them located at in relation to your home office?
        Twitter
        Facebook
        LinkedIn
        Website

Comment

Have you figured out how much you are going to be bidding on these services?

Did you come up with a total price for the year and then divide it by 12?

Are you going to be required to show up there on the off season to do anything like plowing or trash cleanup or pickup up twigs or anything else?
          Steve, yes I would need to visit the properties weekly for trash clean-up and such but not plowing.

Comment

Now are you bidding on all of the branches or just two? If you are bidding on all of them, where are all of them located at in relation to your home office?
            I would like to bid on all 7 branches but I want to really make sure I get these that are so close to home.

The others are in neighboring towns, 2 being 10 miles away, and 3 being 22 miles away.

Comment

I would like to bid on all 7 branches but I want to really make sure I get these that are so close to home.

The others are in neighboring towns, 2 being 10 miles away, and 3 being 22 miles away.

Are they going to allow you to break apart of the properties on seperate bids or do they want to bid them all out to just one company?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to help you out here by better understanding the bid.
              Twitter
              Facebook
              LinkedIn
              Website

Comment

Are they going to allow you to break apart of the properties on seperate bids or do they want to bid them all out to just one company?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to help you out here by better understanding the bid.
                Oh no, thank you much for asking so many questions! I really appreciate it.

I have to break all the properties into separate bids. Tell me what you think.

Comment

All help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you!

Comment

A couple of more questions;

When do you plan on servicing the properties? What is the traffic like in the area? Are you charging per service, or payment in advance?

A lot of times what I do too is put a rating scale on the type of services that I am going to provide to the property. Will the mowing be easy, is there coming to be lots of traffic, lots of trimming, objects in my way, etc.
                    Twitter
                    Facebook
                    LinkedIn
                    Website

Comment

A couple of more questions;

When do you plan on servicing the properties? What is the traffic like in the area? Are you charging per service, or payment in advance?

A lot of times what I do too is put a rating scale on the type of services that I am going to provide to the property. Will the mowing be easy, is there coming to be lots of traffic, lots of trimming, objects in my way, etc.
                      I will be servicing the properties early in the mornings, late evenings or Sundays. The payment would be split into monthly payments.

Tiedemanllc, I appreciate your help. Hope we can through some figures my way.

Comment

Working...
                      X