Spring Clean-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Clean-up

Just wondering what would be the best thing to put on a lawn in the spring time to guarantee a nice green and lushious lawn?

Just wondering what would be the best thing to put on a lawn in the spring time to guarantee a nice green and lushious lawn?
    wow Now that is a loaded question.
    A fertilizer with a high first number (Nitrogen) will do it fast but you stand the chance of burning the lawn if the # is too high.
    The national lawn care companies are using 16/0/10 even this if not put down right will burn a lawn fast.

I like a 7/10/10 or somewhere close to that I then do a Lime up here as the soil is alkaline. I also aerate this helps the nutrient get to the roots and helps them grow deep. So to recap there is no one thing you can do but a group of things to help develop a nice deep green, Lush carpet of Turf

I hope this helps
    Graham

Comment

Do you have any advice as to when a lawn care business owner should apply this fertilizer, lime, and perform the aeration?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

and the answer is???

Since no one commented , can you help with this steve? i think we all should know this process like the back of our hands.

Comment

Do you have any advice as to when a lawn care business owner should apply this fertilizer, lime, and perform the aeration?
          That would depend on where you live. Here I start spring work in mid February, with pre emergant herbicide, fertilizer begining of March , and as I have said in the past, I mow 12 months of the year.

In Upstate New York your time would be different

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X