Snow Plowing Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Plowing Help

I take care of a shopping center adjacent to Walmart here in town. It is about a half a mile from my business. I am in charge of trash pick-up everyday, mowing, trimming, edging, pruning and so forth. This is the first year the owners have asked me to do snow plowing and want me to submit a price. It is straight forward, no problem areas. I have a Kubuta and all other necessary tools and machines just need help pricing.

I have attached a link to a scribble map that outlines the areas i need to address.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=bjtZvlpK0g
    Attached Files

Snow can be pushed into several piles as the parking lot never has more than 20 or 30 cars in it.

Comment

I take care of a shopping center adjacent to Walmart here in town. It is about a half a mile from my business. I am in charge of trash pick-up everyday, mowing, trimming, edging, pruning and so forth. This is the first year the owners have asked me to do snow plowing and want me to submit a price. It is straight forward, no problem areas. I have a Kubuta and all other necessary tools and machines just need help pricing.

I have attached a link to a scribble map that outlines the areas i need to address.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=bjtZvlpK0g

Will you be salting as well?

Plow $175 Per push
      Plow & Salt $260

Comment

Will you be salting as well?

Plow $175 Per push
        Plow & Salt $260
        Yes sir, I will be salting.

Comment

Does that $175 include both areas that are highlighted in red?

Does anyone else have an opinion as to how much should be charged?

Comment

I am higher than that by about $25.00 per service ,but it depends on your local market more than anything .

Comment

How long are you estimating each service would take?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How long are you estimating each service would take?
                I am guess 3 hours. I have to be careful around the underground gas tanks to ensure no damage.

Comment

Does that $175 include both areas that are highlighted in red?

Does anyone else have an opinion as to how much should be charged?
                  Well A good rule of thumb is $60 an hour for plowing, & for salt take cost X 2.5 or 3 = what you charge.

Good luck to everyone this season.

Comment

I am guess 3 hours. I have to be careful around the underground gas tanks to ensure no damage.
                    I am guessing this time length is for both properties? How would you be plowing the job? Only with your tractor or would you be using a truck and tractor to pile the snow?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I am guessing this time length is for both properties? How would you be plowing the job? Only with your tractor or would you be using a truck and tractor to pile the snow?
                      Steve, just a tractor. I have not gotten large enough yet to purchase a plow for the truck. The time does include both properties.

Comment

How do you think having a plow on your truck would effect your job time? For such jobs where there is a larger wide open area, do you feel it is easier to plow with a truck or is the tractor just as efficient?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X