Quoting Townhouse complexs ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoting Townhouse complexs ???

I have been asked to quote 2 different townhouse complexs one is a 24 unit complex the other is a 64 unit complex.

How does one go about this is there a list of services that they require that someone here is willing to share.

Or can someone post a quote that I could work with I need to get these quotes together by Nov 21 at the latest.

Thanks for any thoughts/help.

CC

Is this a brand new complex? Normally they would tell you exactly what services they would want and you would go from there.

Are you getting the feeling your contact person there is new? Can you ask them for what services they currently are receiving? Maybe ask to see their last year's winning bid?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Here is the scoop at the 24 unit complex my family is very good friends with 2 of the unit owners my son even dated the granddaughter of the one couple.

The 64 unit complex my dad knows one of the srata council memebers he is a deacon in my dad's church I have been doing the cleanup there and the Deacons that would normally be doing the work liked what I do so in a conversation with my dad this fellow asked if I would be interested in quoting on his complex.

I know that they have budgeted $22,000.00 this year for this work he has also now given gave me a verbal list of what they want and when I am not so tired I'll type it out.

Going to bed now have to sleep tired oh so tired...

I like this kind of tired.

Comment

Knowing their budget is a great thing. Now you can work backwards in a sense from that figure.

What kind of services do they want?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Heres their list of required jobs that are to be quoted...

1) cutting lawns once per week
          2) removal of weeds in the common areas
          3) one application of slow release fertilizer (Spring)
          4) one applicaton of Dolmite lime (Spring)
          5) application of weed killer (Spring)
          6) application of approriate fertilizer to shrubs
          7) Trimming shrubs and hedges
          8) once a year top/trim/prune maintain trees under to under 20'
          9) trim hedges/shrubs Spring and Fall
          10) weekly removal of grass clippings with power blower on walkways/driveways/parking area
          11) application of pesticides for trees and shrubs as necassary
          12) edging of lawns as required
          13) aerating of lawns once per year
          14) weekly removal of litter/garbage on property

Comment

That is fantastic! Now have you figured out how many cuts you will need to perform and how much time each service will take?

From there it will be interesting to see how you break down the cost for each service. It should be a lot easier for you to do knowing what your target price is vs having to do this blind.

Comment

I've done one better...

After I finished the job I was doing today I headed over to the 64 unit complex and checked it out it was only a couple of miles from my old house so I headed over to talk with my old neighbour who actually does this for a living.

He has arranged with me to meet him early this Friday morning and we will go over to the 2 complexs and he is going to quote them for me...

How is that for a freaking bonus...

Had to tell him where I hunt deer though...

I will have to put off my gutter cleaning job until later in the morning but that shouldn't be a problem.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders...

Comment

Oh this will be fascinating to see what he comes up with and how close he is to their budgeted price!

Keep us posted on what he comes up with. What a great learning lesson!

Comment

Met up with my neighbour yesterday and checked out the two complexs with him.

I'm told to quote the following...

64 Unit complex = $1500.00 per month for 10 months

Includes

4) one applicaton of Dolmite lime (Spring)
                  5) application of weed killer (Spring)
                  6) application of approriate fertilizer to shrubs
                  7) Trimming shrubs and hedges
                  8) once a year top/trim/prune maintain trees under to under 20'
                  9) trim hedges/shrubs Spring and Fall
                  10) weekly removal of grass clippings with power blower on walkways/driveways/parking area
                  11) application of pesticides for trees and shrubs as necassary
                  12) edging of lawns as required
                  13) aerating of lawns once per year
                  14) weekly removal of litter/garbage on property

24 Unit complex = $850.00 per month for 10 months

Includes

4) application of weed killer (Spring)
                  5) application of approriate fertilizer to shrubs
                  6) Trimming shrubs and hedges
                  7) once a year top/trim/prune maintain trees under to under 20'
                  8) trim hedges/shrubs Spring and Fall
                  9) weekly removal of grass clippings with power blower on walkways/driveways/parking area
                  10) edging of lawns as required
                  11) aerating of lawns once per year
                  12) weekly removal of litter/garbage on property

Comment

That is fantastic!

Did he help you break down the services into how much time each would take?

Did he explain how he came up with those figures?

Also, did you let him know this company had a budget of $22,000 for these jobs and these bids come out to $23,500. Is there any concern about that?

Comment

Been busy so haven't had a chance to respond until now...

He just walked around and came up with the figure he told me to bid it by the month = $1700.00.

Unfortunately I did not get the 64 unit complex.

I had heard that a 110 townhouse complex was looking for a grounds care company they had a live in grounds keeper but it had gotten to much for him so they started looking for bids.

While doing a walk around with the strata council treasurer I schmoozed out of him that their budget was $60,000.00 for the year so taking the way that my landscaper friend had come in under the budget I put in a bid of $4200.00/month for 12 months or appr $50,000.00 for the year.

The treasurer had even given me a two page list of what they were wanting done.

So I basically copied it and put in for inclusive the above price and exclusive that I do other work like pressure washing/gutters tall tree removal etc.

Here is the bid I entered.

My company name/info and date

Attn: Strata Corp

Landscape Maintenance Schedule Quote

12 month program
                      Removal/disposal of waste materials included in pricing.
                      Pricing for the following services = $4200.00 + taxes per month
                      A written report will be provided monthly confirming visit dates and services completed.

Inclusive:

Lawn Maintenance:
                      1) Mowing and trimming of all lawns including boulevards
                      March: Bi-Weekly, April -> Sept: Weekly, Oct -> Nov: Bi-Weekly
                      2) Power edging of walks, curbs and bed edges every second cut

3) Core aeration once a year

February/March

4) Application of liquid Moss Control

2 times per year March/April & November/December

5) Application of slow release fertilizer 18-18-18
                      May

6) Application of Fall/Winter fertilizer 6-4-36

October

7) Lawn weed and clover control May/June as required

Planter/Flower Beds:
                      1) Cultivation and aeration of beds -> twice per year: Spring and Fall

2) Deep edging of bed/lawn borders -> February and during year as required

3) Application of moss control and micronutrients fertilizer to beds -> January

4) Mechanical and chemical weed control every 2 weeks or when needed

Shrub & Tree Program:
                      1) Prune shrubs and groundcovers to control and direct growth and to enhance appearance, function and health of plant material.

January to March; August to Oct. Timing dependent on species

2) Prune trees to remove dead, injured, diseased and suckering material and to direct growth away from buildings and correct structural weakness.

January and February

3) Top trees to maximum 20í

November to March

4) Deadhead rhododendrons removing spent flowers to enhance blooms for following year.

July/August

5) Application of slow release granular plant fertilizer to supplement nutrients naturally available from the soil

March/April

6) Application pest and disease preventative spray
                      January

Leaves and Debris:
                      1) Raking, blowing and removal of leaves from beds, lawns, walks and roadways

October: Bi-Weekly

2) Collect litter from grounds and landscape surfaces

Weekly

Asphalt & Concrete:
                      1) Blowing/Vacuuming of silt and debris

Every second month or as required

2) Application of vegetation control to weeds and grass in sidewalk, pavers and roadway cracks

June to September or as needed

Exclusive:
                      Pressure washing and window cleaning services
                      Snow removal
                      General building repairs
                      Gutter cleaning
                      Pricing for exclusive services to be agreed upon between housing board and Camís Yard Works on a job to job basis.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call telling me that I had won the contract and could I come over as soon as possible to quote on cleaning out their gutters as well.

Now that is a Christmas present if I have ever gotten one...

and in my phone conversation with the treasurer he told me that there had been 6 bids handed in and that some were less than my bid and others were higher...

Comment

Congratulations!

and in my phone conversation with the treasurer he told me that there had been 6 bids handed in and that some were less than my bid and others were higher
                        So what is your view on why you feel you got it when these bids differed in prices?

What do you feel gave you that winning edge?

Comment

I was there this morning and went over the grounds again with the Treasurer I questioned him on this basically it comes down to he for some reason trusted me and wanted to give me a break.

He feels that he will get a more personal level of service/work done by me than a bigger team of say 10 employees coming in and rushing thru the complex in one day.

I am now trying to figure out how to quote doing all of the gutters at this complex...

Comment

I am now trying to figure out how to quote doing all of the gutters at this complex...
                            Depending on what level they are on and how difficult they are to get to, we have seen on average a fee of $1 per linear foot. Would that help?

Also, do you have an overhead image of the size of the property from google maps or something so others can get an idea the size of the area you are servicing? Do you know the sqft of area you are going to be mowing?

Comment

$1/foot I can totally work with that = thank you.

Appr 1/2 of the units are single story the others are 2 stories.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X