No announcement yet.

Need Fall Cleaning Up 101 Help/List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It' great that you experimented with both methods. Usually when you are getting started, it is safer to bid jobs by the hour but as you get more accurate with your bidding, you find as you did here that you can make a better profit if you bid by the job.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yesterdays job I lost out I was done in 3 1/2 hours but that is because I work extremely hard and race myself to get the job done so but I had quoted an hourly rate so I could only charge for 3 1/2 hours.

If I would have quoted the job instead I would have charged an extra $80.00 - $100.00 = my financial loss again.
      Sounds like you need to raise your hourly rate by about 25 bucks or so if you want to get the price you desire.

Comment

That would be great but I wouldn't get the job if I did...

I heard last night that this lady stopped by my old shop in Langley and dropped off the cheque my son has it and will give it too me Sunday morning when he comes out for a morning deer hunt.

I'm doing another yard clean up now but it is more of a leaf clean up and a final mowing should take under 3 hours for the entire job.

I have a 10% off special for senior and for the month of Nov an additional 10% off for veteran's this fellow is a senior and a 31 year veteran = $40.00/hour instead of $50.00.

I am content with this price as his word of mouth advertising for me with other veteran's will more than cover the 20% that I am discounting.

When I quoted him he was so happy with the discounts/pricing he asked if I would cut his lawns for him next year.

Comment

How are you feeling your time estimates for these jobs are when compared to what it actually takes? Are you finding you are getting them to be more accurate as you go?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X