First Apartment Complex Estimate. Please Help Phots & Measurements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Apartment Complex Estimate. Please Help Phots & Measurements

I will list all the measurements and the equipment and man power being used.
    This is for 2 apartment complex's ran by the same company. The only requirments for me to bid is for Mowing, Trimming, Blowing. Edged 1 time a month. I need help with the time to do the job and also what should i bid this at? Photos attached below & the job is in SW Michigan. Thanks

Complex 1: Complex 2:
    171,887 Sq Ft (Mow) 224,945 Sq Ft (Mow)
    2400 Sq Ft (Trim) 5558 Sq Ft (Trim)
    1413 Sq Ft (Edge 1x Month) 7457 Sq Ft (Edge 1x Month)

Equipment: Crew:
    2-60 inch Lazer Walk Behind 3 man
    1-48 inch Lazer Sit Down
    Attached Files

A 4 acre complex will take 3 hours to mow (about) and 5 acre complex will take 4 hours (about). First job trim should take no more than 20 mins and edge no more than 15 mins. 2nd job trim should be 35 mins about, and edging about 1 hr. ALL THIS I could do myself in 1 day w/60"turf tracer. 10 man hours max with blowing included. You have an average of 30 man hrs/month mowing (mowed every week), trimming should be 6 hours/month trimmed weekly and edging 1.25 hrs/month edged monthly. Total of about 37-40 hrs/month. If I wanted the job because I needed the money, id bust mybutt through it to get the time down to 30 hrs. If you can trim bi-weekly, optimize your mower width, and don't let your guys slack then 30hrs is easy to get. You figured 1 linear foot/minute to trim, but you should be able to get 50-60 feet/min. Same w/edging.
    My turf tracer doesn't mow less than 5mph, 4mph if its rough ground. Time is money!

Comment

The times given by others are pretty close, I would say. Just remember when dealing with Condo. associations different problems may arise. Like toys, bikes, garbage etc...and then there are the specific requests from Tenants, make sure you specify in your contract that the Association Manager contacts you not every Tom, Dick and Harry in the neighborhood.

I always round up a little, just to cover unforeseen costs.

Be efficient when doing the work. Pre-plan the way you will be mowing and trimming the site. Make sure your crew stays on track with times, let them know up front what you expect from them, and this will curtail any future problems.

Comment

I did a 3.5 acre complex, the owner says it takes him 3 hours to mow (54 inch zero turn) and he does not trimm much. I bid the job a 4 hours per week, one man. I got the job, and with a helper it takes us about 1.75 hours a week, including all the trimming and edgeing. so you can see different strokes for different situations. I made good money 4 hours at 50 per hour, cost 1.75 hours at about 35 and hour!!!!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all your help and input. I was able to put together a bid and If they accept it great, if not no Big deal plenty of business out there. Keep replying it only makes us better at what we do.

Comment

I am also going to be bidding on my second complex its brand new they are still putting in the grounds, I thought I saw a thread about 8 months or so ago that mentioned a good rule of thumb for a per door charge?

Hey Steve does this apartment thread ring a bell?

Bobby
            www.painelesscreations.com
            Visit us on Facebook
            http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

Hey Steve does this apartment thread ring a bell?
              Yea it does. See if this is the one you are thinking about.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=14459
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yea it does. See if this is the one you are thinking about.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=14459
                Perfect thanks
                www.painelesscreations.com
                Visit us on Facebook
                http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

Bobby,

If you could give us a walk through on how you are creating your bid, we would all appreciate the learning example. Thanks!
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                  X