Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communities Townhouses, apt, and Condos

Hi
    I have seen this post before but can't find it. I have to bid on two commercial locations. One is a nursing home with two buildings just snow plowing, the other is the one I am worried about.
    I have never done a commercial bid before and am a little nervous. It is a 90 unit townhouse community. I saw that someone in the past just bills by the (door) I believe it was $12 a door someone said. I am just looking for input and pricing for your areas so I can get a good idea. I am doing a driveby to confirm it is the location I think it is. The company now does lawn maintenance planting (never done before) and snow plowing. He said they are not happy with them all around but esp with snow plowing fees the past two years. I have the snow plow est so I should be good for that. Thanks for you help in advance!
    Liberty Landscaping LLC
    www.libertylndscpng.com
    Woodbridge, NJ

Hey I'd inquire about how much the previous company charged. They may not tell you exactly, but it's worth a shot to ask. Remember how much snow we got here the day after Christmas last year?? The property manager might think he was overcharged, but that was a lot of snow. You don't wanna get into a situation where this guy thinks you're going to be really cheap but then we get killed again like last year with snow and you lose out.

Comment

That was my plan but wanted to see what everyone here did too. The caller seemed open but inn person I don't know the property manager will be there too. I said if last year snow falls was the issue I said we had five feet of snow in less two weeks he said they were ready to move on last year but the association took awhile to vote for bidding it ou i went there today and unless I push snow into parking spots there is definitely nowhere to put it forget about five feet of it. Can't wait to see how they wanna do it.
      Liberty Landscaping LLC
      www.libertylndscpng.com
      Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

He said they are not happy with them all around but esp with snow plowing fees the past two years. I have the snow plow est so I should be good for that.
        Do you mean you have completed your own snow plow estimate or did you get a hold of the previous businesses snow plow estimate to help you create your own?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have the gopher software for the Snow Plowing. I went and checked and the property is huge compared to what I thought it was. There is no where to pile the snow unless you use a parking spot and pile it up in there and even that there isn't much parking. There is a lot of grass. I came to the quick conclusion that it is above my means. I called the guy on Sunday and left him a voicemail saying that it is to much for me to take on and I gave him a number to call for someone else (my land lord where I park). He called me yest and said we are waiting for you. I called him back and told him I left him a voice mail. He didn't get it and I told him I did a drive by of it and that it was out of my means esp the snow because I don't have a skid steer to pile snow. He said that he understands and he appreciates me being honest and up front because they have had contractors take on the work and not be able to complete it and that they almost had to pay double what the should have to correct errors and complete the work. He said that he was very happy with the way I approached it and was up front. He said the next time it goes out for bid he will call to see if I would like the work. I said thanks and he asked to come over or mail him a few business cards. Sorry it's a long post but wanted to update everyone.
          Liberty Landscaping LLC
          www.libertylndscpng.com
          Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

Something you might want to consider is asking that property manager how much they paid for snow plowing last year and what that price included.

Since you told them you won't be bidding on it and he appreciated your honesty, this might become a great opportunity to learn from him so you can one day bid on such properties and know what the going rate is.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Steve
              I was going to ask him on Tuesday what they paid but just declined all together. My land lord went there last night to bid and he said he will keep me updated about it. I will ask him or his gf (who said if I ever need help biddinng things to ask) what they bidded and to see the proposal if he doesn't which I think he will I know she will. It was my first big commercial property. Figured I would do it just to learn but could always withdraw. It was just way over my head, thanks for the pointers Steve.
              Liberty Landscaping LLC
              www.libertylndscpng.com
              Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

he said he will keep me updated about it. I will ask him or his gf (who said if I ever need help biddinng things to ask) what they bidded and to see the proposal if he doesn't which I think he will I know she will.
                Keep us posted. This is a great learning experience.

Comment

Working...
                X