upscale comunnity bid help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upscale comunnity bid help

I have to submit a bid to a customer in an upscale community.
    I have a 36" grandstand to mow with. The bermudagrass is serverly overgrown and the yard is on an incline but rideable.
    GRASS 31,119 sqft
    LINE EDGE 698 lnft
    TRIMMING 390 lnft

DO NOT fall for the -they can afford more- charge what you normally charge for a yard that size. If it's less than other companies, and you do good work, you will pick up more in the area. However if you do not do good work, well you figure it out. Where I live that would run between 60 and 75 per month cut weekly. If its real bad and you will have to take more than you normally would to cut charge them 1.5 to 2 times regular for the first time. The conversation would go like this " For me to maintain this yard will be xx dollars a month, but becasue there is so much overgrowth I will have to add xx to the first month to get the yard into a maintainable state." Then hand him your contract, be prepared for questions

Comment

DO NOT fall for the -they can afford more- charge what you normally charge for a yard that size. If it's less than other companies, and you do good work, you will pick up more in the area. However if you do not do good work, well you figure it out. Where I live that would run between 60 and 75 per month cut weekly. If its real bad and you will have to take more than you normally would to cut charge them 1.5 to 2 times regular for the first time. The conversation would go like this " For me to maintain this yard will be xx dollars a month, but becasue there is so much overgrowth I will have to add xx to the first month to get the yard into a maintainable state." Then hand him your contract, be prepared for questions
      Can you clarify? Are you saying you only charge $15-$18 a week for something like that?!!!

Comment

I spoke with the customer today about the bid over the phone. I gave him a bid of $135.00 for his property. This price was to get his lawn back to a maintainable state due to overgrowth. I explained in detail what services i was going to perform. He told me he would call me Monday to let me know. He really didnt give me the chance to let him know what i would charge for a weekly or biweekly service. I will post picks soon for viewing. Anyone, was the price of$135.00 to high or low for that first service?

Comment

I will post picks soon for viewing. Anyone, was the price of$135.00 to high or low for that first service?
          I'd like to see them.

How much time did you estimate this would take you?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X