No announcement yet.

Need help with commercial bid ASAP!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with commercial bid ASAP!!!!

Hi everyone, I won the bid on the 182,863 sq ft bid that I posted on this forum a couple of weeks ago for 250.00 per visit. The customer now wants me to bid on her commercial property which is 11,392 sq ft and I estimate about 1000 linear ft of edging and shrub trimming every other visit which I estimate between 30-45 mins. The gopher calculator says that I can mow this property in 40 mins and should charge around 53.07 but I'm thinking because of the edging and trimming it will take me between 2-3 hrs and I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 125.00 -175.00 per visit. I will have two other people to help with the job. 52" Gravely Mower
    1 Stihl Edger
    1 Stihl multi attachment: equipped w/ edger, weedeater, and hedgetrimmer head
    1 Echo edger
    1 Echo hedge trimmer
    Please help ASAP as she would like to have a quote by 09/13/11

180,000 sq ft for $250 and 11,000 for $175. Seems like a large discrepancy in your bidding. Good luck with it.

Comment

I AGREE ^ ^ Thats A Big Difference In Price And Sq. Ft ??

Comment

Can you give us a little insight as to why the property difference is 16 times and the price difference is 1.5 times different?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Wow!?!

She wants you to quote the residential because you were probably ~$200 less per week than everyone else on the commercial bid...

180k+ sq.ft. / $250 = ~$65/acre including trimming?!?

I think you need to bid more for commercial ($350-$500+ per visit) and less on residential ($75-$125 per visit)

Jobsite time should be taken into consideration, however, that is purely a variable unless you've decide (and allowed) to actually do the job before the bidding. I found that by adding up the facts (Area + Trimming Feet) I was able to get a good baseline then add or subtract a little for uniqueness associated with the property. This worked best for me because I was able to bid more consistently; knowing how to tweak my figures when I lost out on a bid.

Best of luck explaining why you can't mow the residential property for $15.57 (I did the math...)

Comment

Working...
          X