Need help with a bid!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a bid!

hi everybody. i need help with pricing a job. a customer called me today and she has an overgrown lawn that needs to be cut. the lawn hasnt been cut for an entire year. the lot is 30x50ft. the grass will need to be cut, raked up and desposed. she also got an above ground pool removed and there is a 15x30ft x6inch deep pit where the pool used to be that needs to be filled with top soil and seeded. this is one of my first jobs and i dont really know how to bid the job. any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi everybody. i need help with pricing a job. a customer called me today and she has an overgrown lawn that needs to be cut. the lawn hasnt been cut for an entire year. the lot is 30x50ft. the grass will need to be cut, raked up and desposed. she also got an above ground pool removed and there is a 15x30ft x6inch deep pit where the pool used to be that needs to be filled with top soil and seeded. this is one of my first jobs and i dont really know how to bid the job. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Not a lot of help as I do not know what you have for equipment, you will need about 10 cubic yards of top soil, keep it about an inch or more higher than the lawn as it will settle.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Hi Pete,

I agree, what kind of equipment do you have to perform this?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have a ford f150 with a 15x6 trailer. I also have a ryobi 4 cycle trimmer, a 22 inch push mower, a 42 inch huscvarna riding mower and all the basic garden tools (spade, rakes, hedge shears). My plan is to cut down the grass with the trimmer, rack it up, and then cut again with the push mower to make it look good. Then get the top soil dumped in the pit (I'm planning on getting it delivered since I don't have a dump trailer) and level the soil off. After that I'll take my broadcast spreader and seed the fresh top soil area as well as overseed the existing lawn. This is the estimate I have come up with. Trimming/raking/mowing- 1 hour $50. Leveling top soil- 2 hours $100. Overseeding- 1/2 hour $25. Top soil- $50 for 1 cubic yard x 10= $500. Seed- $2.50 per pound x 7 pounds= $17.50. Total- $692.50. Does this make sense or am I too high or too low?

Comment

help me bid this job

It sounds like you have things worked out well. How confident are you about the amount of time it will take? It's been my experience that adding 1/3 to my time for unusual jobs like yours can be a good idea. That might save you from being in a tough spot as far as meeting your bid. If you're POSITIVE about the time involved, give them the padded bid and guarantee you won't go over - it makes everyone feel better in the end if your final bill is slightly under the bid.

Hope that helps - good luck!

Comment

Don't forget fertilizer, rolling. Goash $50 bucks a yard is high for top soil, is that the going rate in your area?
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X