how much to charge for commercial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much to charge for commercial

I am a new lawn care service in Charlotte County fla. I'm advertising as much as I am able to and I'm licensed and insured to do residential and commercial service. However I'm not sure how to charge for commercial. I'm Thinking I should base it on what a residential job that's comparable in size would be then add in a predetermined extra charge for it being a commercial job. A little advice would help lots, thanks.

Hi and welcome to our forum!

I'd say experiment first with some smaller commercial work and see how you like doing it. Your fees should be based on the amount of time the job takes and be estimated the way you estimate residential properties.

As you find yourself working on larger commercial jobs, you might be able to bid them for a little less because you won't be having a travel time to go from job to job. Instead you will be operating at one location and that will save you costs which you could pass on to the customer if the market is competitive and calls for it.

Does this help?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do what I did. Find a businessman that you can talk to, preferrabley in your area. Ask him how much he pays, and what they do. Tell him you are thinking, or have been asked, about submitting a bid for a job kn the area. Be specific about which property. he will tell you everyting you need to know. Then submit your bid. Here small commercial properties like a restuarant, small office building, etc on less than 1 acre runs about 200 a month. Remember they all have big parking lots, so mowing is small, edging and trimming is ussually pretty much of the job, along with picking up trash. I spend about 1 1/2 hours each week on each and like I say 200 a month. Of course I also include parking lot cleanup in the winter and spring.

Comment

Thank You! We are also new and wondering the same thing on how to bid for commercial jobs..any advice helps!

Comment

That helps a bunch, thanks

Comment

Keep us posted on how your commercial job bids go.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X