Bid help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid help

I will soon be bidding on commercial property. I am curious as to what all of you would bid. Approx. 18-20 acres with 200-210 rv lots. This would also include clubhouse area. Mow, trim/edge, & blow. Any help is appreciated. This will be a 1 yr contract.
    Last edited by Lewis&Son; 08-01-2011, 07:01 AM.

what do you have for equipment and manpower ? , how long do you think it will take you ? ,without seeing the area giving a proper estimate is really tough .

Comment

Also, have you measured out yet the total area you will need to line trim? Do you have an overhead shot of the area?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

DO NOT BID HIS JOB unless you have REAL commercial equipment. If you are using any type of homeowner equipment you will lose. Maintenance on homeowner equipment is 10 times or more the cost of commercial equipment, mower, edger, trimmer, blower. Now having said that, from experience let me tell you, I would charge about the going rate, which in my area is 6 per lot, and you get paid for the lot whether the people wnat you to cut it or not, then figure any common areas. Remember commercial is about the price, whereas residential is all about the service at a fair price. (NOT the same thing) I do a mobile home park, 460 spaces, clubhouse, large open field, and several shrubs and hedges. I charge 9000 per month, have 2 60 inch dixie choppers, 1 36 inch standon, 3 guys on trimmers, and 2 on edgers. we cut once a week. And should ahve charged more. I cannot wait for this contract to end, I have a lot of money tied up in equipment for only one customer-a real bad decision. Good luck on your project hope you make a killing

Comment

All that I own is commercial equipment. From doing a complete drive thru of the rv park I am estimating that it will take approx. 2 full days with 2 men working. The lots are small. My father use to own his own lawn maintenance business in the past, but that was when gas was $1 per gal. Him and I are just trying to get a feel for the going rates now.

Comment

I cannot wait for this contract to end, I have a lot of money tied up in equipment for only one customer-a real bad decision.
            Steve what would you like to replace this job with instead?

Also, what do you think were some surprises that popped up with this job once you took it? What do other newer lawn care business owners need to be careful of when taking on trailer park jobs? What ends up taking a lot more time than originally thought?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X