Bidding to get other work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod
    Dumb question you mentioned spraying mulch...Literally? If so how do you do that?
    Liberty Landscaping LLC
    www.libertylndscpng.com
    Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

I meant like spray the mulch areas with herbicide to keep down the weeds trying to pop thru. But I have actually seen something that blows mulch and pinestraw.
      2008 F-350, 2006 rzt50 23kH, 2010 tank m48 with 25kH, 16x8 vnose car hauler, echo edgers and weedeaters.

Comment

I just re-read what I wrote and it sounded like I was saying I sprayed mulch down in the beds and around trees ha
        2008 F-350, 2006 rzt50 23kH, 2010 tank m48 with 25kH, 16x8 vnose car hauler, echo edgers and weedeaters.

Comment

Yea I saw something that sprayed mulch once and was looking into how well it worked and more important how much it costs. Thanks for clarifying.
          Liberty Landscaping LLC
          www.libertylndscpng.com
          Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

I do recall reading about one and it's basically one of those big power vacs just in reverse and i imagine something that moves the mulch into a feeder. Would be jobs much easier than hand laying mulch, if the job is big enough or jobs to make it worth using. Another update, just put in a bid for another mall and the manager said it looks good. I am thinking I have a good chance at this one because my dad knows the manager of the mall and they are not happy with the current several small companies that are taking care of the place.

Comment

I do recall reading about one and it's basically one of those big power vacs just in reverse and i imagine something that moves the mulch into a feeder. Would be jobs much easier than hand laying mulch, if the job is big enough or jobs to make it worth using.
              I have seen these on large trucks, is that what you are talking about?
              Attached Files
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That's exactly the setup. Maybe one day I will have one of those.
                Quick update, I got the mall I bid in Mississippi and start September 1!

Comment

That is great news! Keep us posted on the job after you do it a few times and let us know what you feel was on target or what you might have changed in your bid if you could re-do it.

This will be a great learning lesson.
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Oh definitely I will. I am a little frustrated with my time constraints now because I will have to cut the mall on a Saturday and do my commercial properties in mississippi while i am at it. Having trouble getting anyone interested to work these days! Some blah blah about Alabama football starting.

Comment

Bidding properties

As a full time fireman and part time lawn care service owner, I am having a few issues with bidding on lawns. Being that it is just me most of the time, I don't wanna over charge, but I also don't wanna give away service either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I don't wanna over charge, but I also don't wanna give away service either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                        First off, it is important to know your operating costs and how much profit you will make on each job. Once you know your costs, you won't have to worry too much about giving away the service.

Have you sat down and figured out how much it is costing you per hour to operate?

Also, I wouldn't worry about overcharging. If the customer agrees to your bid, there is no over charge. They have determined the cost was ok.

If you are not getting the job because you overpriced the bid, you can always try and read their body language on site and know if you have some wiggle room to give them a discount if it can land you the job and still make you a profit.

Comment

Has anyone else found themselves bidding lower on a job in hope of getting additional work? If so, how did that work out for you?

Comment

I have bid lower to just get a job before....but that was years ago. Any business owner will tell you (maybe not when others are around) they too have done this. But they will also let you know they have learned a valuable lesson.

They may still have those jobs/clients/accounts today, that keep them kicking theirselves for underbidding. What happens is you rely on a job that you bid correctly on to carry the weight of your underbid.

If you come rolling up in a truck that is wrapped up with your name on it & dressed for success (meaning you look like your ready to work) you can throw dang near any NUMBER out there. Because you learned along the way HOW TO SELL a customer that your business is the best value.
                            • Your fully insured
                            • Employees with more than 3 years of experience
                            • Nice equipment
                            • Decent trucks
                            • Uniforms
                            • Crew Not Smoking on job - Even smokers get turned off seeing this
                            • YOU DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO
                            08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
                            05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
                            4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
                            3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
                            1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
                            20' Enclosed trailer
                            18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
                            2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

malls/shopping centers is the only thing I can't seem to get in the door with...many shopping centers are owned or managed by a company in another state...anyone have advice on these?

I have been locking down some apartment complexes and HOA's...just been getting lucky. I happened to land a 44 home condo a few months ago...took it from u.s. lawns... got a call yesterday from a guy who lives there that has another house at a different one (also on the water)...he happens to be the president of the HOA and has been impressed with my work. I am meeting him on Friday...asked me to bring a contract with me so it looks positive.

Comment

many shopping centers are owned or managed by a company in another state...anyone have advice on these?
                                Have you found who the mall manager is and gotten the contact information to find more about when they accept bids?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X