No announcement yet.

Help with fill dirt quote, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe me, shovels and wheelbarrows are a last resort. The gate butts up against a corner of the house and the other side of the gate butts up against the garage. There is no chain link fence, just the gate. The rest of the fence is 6 foot wood. I have looked at places to remove fencing to make it easier and there just isn't anyway around it. If I could get access for machinery the quote would be much less, there's just no way. Thanks for the ideas though.

Comment

What's your view on the best way to go about doing this?

How long do you think it would take moving by wheelbarrow?
      I would first figure out how long it takes to move the single full wheelbarrow, multiply it by 5 and then by the number yards. He should be able to determine his time by the first three.

Last job I remember moving comparable to this we had 3 guys and two WB's. Two guys filling one dumping using gravel a few obstacles and a ramp to go up. We moved two yards of gravel (that's all I would put in the dump trailer) in 45 minutes or 2.25 labor hrs. Figure a labor hour per yard depending on efficiency.

Comment

It will be interesting to hear how all this works out as far as time goes.

Keep us posted.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

We may never find out how much time it takes. I gave her my quote this morning. $660. I think it's a little high for her (the Real Estate Broker), but not me. 7 yards of fill, 8 yards of sand and 2 yards (in my truck) of soil. $260. Move the dirt by hand $300 (subtotal $560) + $100 to dismantle the upper and lower trampoline frame and the metal retainer and dispose of it. I think she was thinking somewhere around $100 - Ha ha.

Comment

We may never find out how much time it takes. I gave her my quote this morning. $660. I think it's a little high for her (the Real Estate Broker), but not me. 7 yards of fill, 8 yards of sand and 2 yards (in my truck) of soil. $260. Move the dirt by hand $300 (subtotal $560) + $100 to dismantle the upper and lower trampoline frame and the metal retainer and dispose of it. I think she was thinking somewhere around $100 - Ha ha.
            Am I the only one thinking of the Tootsie Roll pop commercial with Mr. Owl?

Tell the agent you can put a tarp in the hole and fill it with water...... and they can call it an in ground pool for $100.

Leave the bid for the new owners to find.

Comment

I like the in ground pool idea. I'll run it by her tomorrow.

Comment

I think she was thinking somewhere around $100 - Ha ha.
                Or you could just install another trampoline there? Or maybe make it a fire pit.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

lay some 2x? across it and a roll of astro turf. Maybe some sharp pointy sticks pointing up and it's now part of the security system.

Comment

Buy a book as a housewarming gift for the new owner, let them read it and they may call on you to implement the ideas.

Something like this one. -> http://www.edenproject.com/shop/101-...ound-8229.aspx

OK so that may refer to bigger holes, but you could help create miniature replicas as landscape art.

Comment

Working...
                    X