Price to mulch? Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price to mulch? Help!

I know there are alot of posts about pricing out mulching and labor costs however I am trying to figure out how much to price a house that needs 12 yards of mulch. But I DO NOT need the mulch as they have it delivered ( their family works there ) So, I am not really sure what to charge.

I have to clean out the beds briefly, edge which I figured out the cost ( generally speaking! ) and spray weeds but I have no idea what to charge to spread/smooth the mulch out.

2 guys spraying then spreading
    1 edging then spreading

Any ideas or suggestions! New guy here if you couldn't tell! I usually stick to mowing but starting to mulch because I have more time

Thanks!

Have you done any mulch jobs in the past? Do you have an idea how long it takes you and your crew to spread a yard of mulch?

Do you have an estimate on how much time this entire job will take you?

There is a great mulch job discussion here where one member suggested

1 yard per hour per man" (includes weeding,edging,) unless there is excessive weeding
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I can't determine your weeding and edging needs, but I can say that most mulch suppliers will set a homeowner up on request around here and they pay $29 per cubic yard spread regardless of whether you spread at a full four inch or only 2 inch. If you are concerned about determining variances you may want to do a square footage bid something like $.20-$.38 depending on expected depth

We use these same rates for bulk mulch, though if we are supplying the mulch I still charge the full retail cost of the mulch as the homeowner would be paying including delivery charges and sometimes cut the additional labor rate to about $25.

Comment

get 85 a yard spread 22 is the cost of the mulch and about 30 is fuel for the truck to get it so about 33 a yard to spread it
        C&S Lawn Service

Comment

get 85 a yard spread 22 is the cost of the mulch and about 30 is fuel for the truck to get it so about 33 a yard to spread it
          Is that 30 per yard for fuel you charge and within what radius? I haul up to 6 yards at a time within 25 miles for the same $50-60 charged by the supplier. Spend about $20-25 in fuel that way. Plus the $10-$15 or so difference between the wholesale and retail price.

Comment

Is that 30 per yard for fuel you charge and within what radius? I haul up to 6 yards at a time within 25 miles for the same $50-60 charged by the supplier. Spend about $20-25 in fuel that way. Plus the $10-$15 or so difference between the wholesale and retail price.
            i worded that wrong thats for 1 yard if more then 1 yard then its 30 per load for fuel and that covers a 50 mile radius from my shop
            C&S Lawn Service

Comment

I charge a $50 delivery fee to go pick up mulch and then $35 a yard to spread it out. Customer pays what I pay for mulch.

Matt

Comment

3 men
                12 yards of mulch
                Edging and spraying
                About 5 hours of labor and cost for the round up.

Charge no less than $750.00

Comment

3 men
                  12 yards of mulch
                  Edging and spraying
                  About 5 hours of labor and cost for the round up.

Charge no less than $750.00
                  Paul,

Do you have a break down of how you'd advise charging per yard of mulch? What do you feel is the best way to create a dollar figure for such jobs?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                  X