Price to mulch? Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price to mulch? Help!

I know there are alot of posts about pricing out mulching and labor costs however I am trying to figure out how much to price a house that needs 12 yards of mulch. But I DO NOT need the mulch as they have it delivered ( their family works there ) So, I am not really sure what to charge.

I have to clean out the beds briefly, edge which I figured out the cost ( generally speaking! ) and spray weeds but I have no idea what to charge to spread/smooth the mulch out.

2 guys spraying then spreading
    1 edging then spreading

Any ideas or suggestions! New guy here if you couldn't tell! I usually stick to mowing but starting to mulch because I have more time

Thanks!

Have you done any mulch jobs in the past? Do you have an idea how long it takes you and your crew to spread a yard of mulch?

Do you have an estimate on how much time this entire job will take you?

There is a great mulch job discussion here where one member suggested

1 yard per hour per man" (includes weeding,edging,) unless there is excessive weeding
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I can't determine your weeding and edging needs, but I can say that most mulch suppliers will set a homeowner up on request around here and they pay $29 per cubic yard spread regardless of whether you spread at a full four inch or only 2 inch. If you are concerned about determining variances you may want to do a square footage bid something like $.20-$.38 depending on expected depth

We use these same rates for bulk mulch, though if we are supplying the mulch I still charge the full retail cost of the mulch as the homeowner would be paying including delivery charges and sometimes cut the additional labor rate to about $25.

Comment

get 85 a yard spread 22 is the cost of the mulch and about 30 is fuel for the truck to get it so about 33 a yard to spread it
        C&S Lawn Service

Comment

get 85 a yard spread 22 is the cost of the mulch and about 30 is fuel for the truck to get it so about 33 a yard to spread it
          Is that 30 per yard for fuel you charge and within what radius? I haul up to 6 yards at a time within 25 miles for the same $50-60 charged by the supplier. Spend about $20-25 in fuel that way. Plus the $10-$15 or so difference between the wholesale and retail price.

Comment

Is that 30 per yard for fuel you charge and within what radius? I haul up to 6 yards at a time within 25 miles for the same $50-60 charged by the supplier. Spend about $20-25 in fuel that way. Plus the $10-$15 or so difference between the wholesale and retail price.
            i worded that wrong thats for 1 yard if more then 1 yard then its 30 per load for fuel and that covers a 50 mile radius from my shop
            C&S Lawn Service

Comment

I charge a $50 delivery fee to go pick up mulch and then $35 a yard to spread it out. Customer pays what I pay for mulch.

Matt

Comment

3 men
                12 yards of mulch
                Edging and spraying
                About 5 hours of labor and cost for the round up.

Charge no less than $750.00

Comment

3 men
                  12 yards of mulch
                  Edging and spraying
                  About 5 hours of labor and cost for the round up.

Charge no less than $750.00
                  Paul,

Do you have a break down of how you'd advise charging per yard of mulch? What do you feel is the best way to create a dollar figure for such jobs?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X