HELP NEEDED ON Gas station bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP NEEDED ON Gas station bid

Theres this new gas station that just opened. Its newly soded and they are looking for omeone to take care of it. I know I cant ride my grandstand on it because how soft the terrain is right now.. So, i will be pushing the property for a while.
    Lawn 33,240 sqft
    Edging 1160 lnft
    Trimming 216 lnft
    FlowerBed Edge 1193 lnft
    Ditch Area 14,678 sqft separate pricing and severely overgrown.. Weedeater accessible only.
    This is only my second commercial bid on a property.. So I havent got my confidence up on bidding, yet. Also, alot of trash pick up around 15min worth.

Do you have any pictures of the area that you need to bid on?

Have you come up with any estimations in the amount of time you think each part of that job will take?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do they have irrigation for their beds. What I like most about new stores opening up is that they tend to overlook the plants and half of them die. Then, once you get the contract you can bid to remove/replace shrubs. Then of course you don't want yours to die so you may want to figure out a maintenance plan for them until their well establiched.

Comment

I dont have any pictures, yet. I tried google maps but the area is undeveloped. The front area is on a hill and there is a sprinkler system installed. I think it may take me an hour and a bye myself at my rate of $45 an hour. Dont know if they want weekly or biweely service,yet. They said they didnt want a big company to service them because they charge too much. Then said they will give me a deal on gas if i give them a good price... Should i charge extra for trimming the edge of flower beds or just do them as needed to keep it neat along with the mowing...

Comment

Should i charge extra for trimming the edge of flower beds or just do them as needed to keep it neat along with the mowing...
          Ultimately, you need to account for all the time you feel you will spend onsite. If you don't charge them for the extras, you may find yourself skimping out on doing them because you are not being compensated for the work.

I know you mentioned an hour for the work, but how are you breaking down each service?

Lawn 33,240 sqft = how much time?
          Edging 1160 lnft = how much time?
          Trimming 216 lnft = how much time?
          FlowerBed Edge 1193 lnft = how much time?
          Ditch Area 14,678 sqft = how much time?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

And don't forget unload, load and blow down time. Those are the ones that always get me.

Comment

Lawn 33,240 sqft = how much time? 45 min (Hilly wet terrain)
              Edging 1160 lnft = how much time? 10 min
              Trimming 216 lnft = how much time? 15 min
              FlowerBed Trim 1193 lnft = how much time? 25 min (spreaded all over)
              Blowing off property 10 min

ONE TIME PRICE:
              Ditch Area 14,678 sqft = how much time? 2 hours max
              waist high grass on a very deep hill side

Comment

ONE TIME PRICE:
                You can push mow 33k sqft in 45 minutes???? Dude you are superman! :-)

Matt

Comment

ONE TIME PRICE:
                  I'm curious on the trimming vs flower bed trimming. Having over 1/5 of a mile more trimming to do around scattered beds I would think that a well done job would take more than just an additional 10min over the 216 feet of trimming. Also, I may not blow as well as some But I do blow out all beds, and from all other paved and concrete surfaces leaving me thinking that I would possibly take longer than 10min.

Hilly terrain with a zero turn I would probably do in about 20-5 minutes being cautious no to slide and mark up the area. I really can't picture (maybe I could if I had a picture) taking only twice as long on foot.

I just did a ditch area along a highway Friday that the property manager was tired of waiting for the state crew to clear. This area was only 250 x 6 as I done the top and bottom the best I could with mowers. Approximately 1,500 square foot took 30 minutes to get to an acceptable appearance.

Comment

Lawn 33,240 sqft = how much time?
                    I just used the lawn care estimator for a 21 inch push mower on 33,000 sqft of lawn and got, 75 minutes to do this alone.

Does this effect your view of mowing time for the job?

Comment

@ FISHER... There are light poles and parts of the build that has to be trimmed. I know the flower beds borders need timming to maintain a good look. Should this be a separate charge or should i trimm the border eveytime i mow the grass.

Comment

@ STEVE.. I figured that it should take 1hr & 15min to push mow the lawn.. I think another 15min to trim around the building and 15min to blow off property along with traffic in and out of gas station... I still havent decided if i want to trim the borders of the flower beds every time i mow to maintain a good look or charge a separte price..

mow, trim and blow total:
                        $80.00 to $90.00 weekly
                        $120.00 to $135.00 biweekly

Comment

Should this be a separate charge or should i trimm the border eveytime i mow the grass.
                          I am guessing you mean edge the borders? Could you edge it once the first time with an edger and then use your line trimmer on its side to keep it looking good over the next bunch of cuts and only edge again when it is really needed?

Comment

@ steve... yes i meant edge borders.. I could edge and then maitain it as needed.. Should i just factor that linear footage into the price or just a one time fee as needed. They explain to me the didnt want a big company because the charge to much.. That told me that any other extra services maybe not be wanted.

Comment

I guess the answer to that is how nice do you want the lawn to look and how nice do they want it to look?

If you feel that the service is important to make the property look good, then you should include it in your price.

I have seen some gas stations that really take pride in how their property looks while others want to get by with the bare minimum.

Do you have an idea which way they want to go?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X