How would you quote this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you quote this?

9 acres has not been cut yet this year as far as I can tell. Needs to be a finish cut like a lawn. 30 minutes of trimming at the most & relatively flat & open. I have already given a price , just curious what others would come up with

Attached Files
    Evansville Lawn Mowing
    Newburgh Lawn Care

Looking relatively flat I would estimate my bid would be somewhere between $625-$750. Plus the cost of damages when you run over the overlooked homemade splitting maul with a "2 steel pipe for a handle (roughly $320) or you can bury that cost in the regular future service bid.

My regular service would be $400-$450 so figuring in the damages over the next fifteen services won't be so bad.

Comment

I would be well over $1000.00 for that, because it would be a long drive just to arrive on that location for me .

Comment

I would be well over $1000.00 for that, because it would be a long drive just to arrive on that location for me .
        Good point, I didn't consider distance and drive time. I would agree on the $1000 as my drive would be roughly 320 miles/6 hours round trip.

Shadrach, if you've bid much over this keep in mind I may come bid against you while telling my wife we're making a trip up to see family.

Imagine go to spend time with family around July 4th and deduct the trip on taxes.

Comment

i just did a job yesterday and today, it would be a 50 dollar cut usually but it hasn't been done yet this year so my practice is I would have had 6 cuts by this time so i charge my 50x6 cuts and that gives me my price, giving that i can see there are so hazards or anything! But taking away the excess grass is extra, i can hold 13 bushels in my bagger so i charge 0.25 cents per bushel which ends up being 3.25 per fill up, same practice i use with fall clean up with leafs as well.
          Last edited by slick; 06-14-2011, 06:57 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Comment

9 acres has not been cut yet this year as far as I can tell. Needs to be a finish cut like a lawn. 30 minutes of trimming at the most & relatively flat & open. I have already given a price , just curious what others would come up with
            What would you be cutting it with?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I get 45 an acre so thats 405 but it will have to be cut twice to look like a lawn i would think so around 810 plus your trimming time
              C&S Lawn Service

Comment

Using a Scag Turf Tiger 61" 29hp.
                5.5 hours on first cut (includes drive time)
                Evansville Lawn Mowing
                Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

I bid a property larger then this but grass was short at time of bid. I bid it at $700 but when I arrived to cut it a month later it was in between 5"-14". After having to go over spots twice and spending a extra day there. I thought I should add about $300 to the invoice. On the other hand the client thought they shouldnt pay me at all.

Comment

5.5 hours on first cut (includes drive time)
                    How much of that is total drive time?

Did you get the job? If so, how did the actual time compare with your estimated time.

With that much area and it needing to be a finished cut, how are you going to handle all the clippings or will you just try to mulch the heck out of it?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

10.5 hours of mowing time total for doing it twice.
                      Evansville Lawn Mowing
                      Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

If you could rebid this now, would you have done anything differently?

Comment

$850 was what I bid & I am happy with that.
                          Evansville Lawn Mowing
                          Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

not too bad for a full days work...

Comment

Working...
                            X