Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Marbel Path

Hi

I need to create a white marbel path of 52 ft x 5 ft edged with pressurized 4x4s on the side of a property. The area slopes downwards towards the backyard. Also, in the back of the house I need to cover a flat area of about 40 sq ft. It must be edged as well.

Would it be convenient to use some other kind of edge?

How long should this job take?

I would appreciate your comments.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Have you ever done anything like this before?

How are you planning on using the white marble in this job? What kind of size marble?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Question Steve

Well I usually charge by the hour plus materials for jobs like this. However for this job I need to provide a flat rate. The Marble is about 1-2" decorative marble. $170.00/ yard just the material.

Comment

What kind of prep work are you going to be doing to perform this job?

Do you have any idea how much time it will take for the prep and the installation of the marble?

Also, do you have the equipment to cut and move it or will you have to rent this?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I am using a sod cutter because I will do some sodding anyways. I need to remove 4 inches of soil and dispose of it. To remove this I am thinking it would take 3-5 hrs two guys if everything goes well. Regarding equipment I am open to any suggestions.

Comment

Are there any pictures of the material you are going to be using or any pictures online that you have found you want to model this pathway after?

Comment

Yes

I want to use:
              Clear Stone

which costs $35.00/yard

or
              White Marble

which is 170.00/yard

The customer wants a quote with the two materials and with/without an edge made of 4x4s.

So It is 4 estimates:
              1)Clear Stone With Edge
              2)Clear Stone Without Edge
              3)White Marble With Edge
              4)White Marble Without Edge

Estimate should include materials, work, delivery, and disposal.

This is my guess:

1)Clear Stone With Edge $2000
              2)Clear Stone Without Edge $1200
              3)White Marble With Edge $2400
              4)White Marble Without Edge $1600

What do you guys think?

I have done this jobs before but I don't have much experience quoting them. So any suggestions may help.

Comment

I have done this jobs before but I don't have much experience quoting them. So any suggestions may help.
                I'm not trying to call you out but if you have done them before why can't you go off of some of those numbers?

Figure out you numbers for material and labor, add a little extra for issues and go from their. We all had to start some where and everyone works with different equipment and rates of speed so its hard for others to quote.

Also concrete curbing may be something to consider it comes in many colors and shapes. Its $2 a foot installed here(I sub it out).
                Colton
                Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

With the edging, you are looking at:

A 52 ft path that will be edged with 4x4x8 timbers.

So I am thinking you will need 13 timbers for that.

Plus you want a 40 sq ft area edged with timbers.

I am guessing that could be a 8ft x 5 ft area. So that would need another 5 timbers?

Total that would be 13 + 5 = 18 total timbers.

Have you priced them out?

Also will you be laying any fabric down or sand down below the stone or just removing the sod and laying the stone?

Comment

Working...
                  X