Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog Poop, Low Hanging Branches and Sideways Rain-My First Job!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Poop, Low Hanging Branches and Sideways Rain-My First Job!

So, after being an actual company for two weeks to the day, I had a job that I completed today. It was for a co-worker who is selling her house, so I didn't charge too much. Took about an hour to mow and weed whack the entire back yard.

Took some before and after shots. Also learned a few good lessons...mainly don't forget the weed whacker sling strap, take some good rain gear, water proof shoes and some food.

I started the day at 8:30AM at another job site digging a trench for a realtor that I've worked for for about 5 years. Kind of a side thing, not really personal business related. It was so nice out that I ended up shirtless and sweaty, but ended the day (at my co-worker's house) cold, soaked to the skin from the rain, yet undeterred. I finished the job at 3:50PM, before my co-worker's realtor showed up with potential buyers, so I felt good.

What would have been a good bid for this job? I feel like given the weather and having to try to get around their big angry dog, it could have been a bit more...

Nice job. For 1 man hour, maybe $45?

What do you feel would have been the ideal amount to charge if it wasn't a friend?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well, the place was 40 miles round trip from my house, so the cost just to get there and back was a factor too. I don't think I would be willing to do it again for under $55.

If the weather had been nicer, that would have factored into it. But being that it was raining sideways, made it a little miserable. However, I had a decent time at it because I knew I was getting paid and that it was my first job.

Comment

Do you live out in a rural area and need to drive into a town to perform lawn care or was this customer just really out of the way?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

This customer is 20 miles outside of town. I live in town and offered my services to help them as they were selling their house. Had the house been within five miles, I would have no complaints, other than not knowing what an accurate bid would have been.

Comment

Working...
          X