Tree Trimming bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Trimming bid

Hi there i have a customer whos wanting a bid on some trees that she wants trimmed and cleaned up. here is what she sent me. not sure what to bid

9 palms trimmed and cleared out
    1 ficus tree and smaller palm wanted taken out
    1 brazillian pepper shrub taken out

Im not sure size. but if was doing on a per tree what would you bid also im new to the actual tree trimming so whats the best way to trim each tree and what is best tool

How high up are you going to have to reach to trim those palms? Also how wide and tall is the tree you need to remove?

Are you planning on grinding the stump or just pulling the whole thing out?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

There are a lot of varible that would go into that bid, but depending on how high those palms are using a pole saw from the ground is much easier then climbing up to it.

I didnt buy it here but here is an example http://www.amazon.com/Corona-Extenda.../dp/B001TAPNCK

I have the one with the lopers on it
      Colton
      Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

How high up are you going to have to reach to trim those palms? Also how wide and tall is the tree you need to remove?

Are you planning on grinding the stump or just pulling the whole thing out?
        well i plan to meet with the client and go by and take a look at things and take some pics. then ill give her my quote in the evening time. im not sure how hight they are and i think the ones she wants removed will just be dug up. but ill find out all the details

Comment

Hi there i have a customer whos wanting a bid on some trees that she wants trimmed and cleaned up. here is what she sent me. not sure what to bid

9 palms trimmed and cleared out
          1 ficus tree and smaller palm wanted taken out
          1 brazillian pepper shrub taken out

Im not sure size. but if was doing on a per tree what would you bid also im new to the actual tree trimming so whats the best way to trim each tree and what is best tool
          hi there i DON'T do tree trimming service if the tree is taller then 20' but i do removals. the ficus tree is a hardy one and can give you a headache if you do not warn the client of the possibility of it shooting suckers a few months after you have removed it unless you are digging out the root system which is another PITA i charged a client of mine $600 just to remove a 15' ficus tree with fully establish roots about 3 months ago, another client wanted me to remove 2 palm trees they are easier to remove and i charge her $550 for both removed plus $200 hauling fee. about trimming palm trees im still trying to figure that one out.

Comment

Well, the going rate for cleaning up a palm ranges from $45.00 - $95.00 each. Tree trimming should be estimated by time and debris, plus extras. Where i'm at 125.00 to 300.00 per hour for tree work...if you have the skills. If you're unskilled at tree trimming...$60.00 per hour. Be safe!! If you can...put it up on youtube.

Comment

Well, the going rate for cleaning up a palm ranges from $45.00 - $95.00 each. Tree trimming should be estimated by time and debris, plus extras. Where i'm at 125.00 to 300.00 per hour for tree work...if you have the skills. If you're unskilled at tree trimming...$60.00 per hour. Be safe!! If you can...put it up on youtube.
              hey there thanks. i plan to if i get the bid to do pics and some video of the work being done. ive contacted another forum member here that lives in my area and we more then likely will partner to do the job

Comment

What did you finally decide to go with, with the bid?

Good luck with it and I look forwards to your pics and updates.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

What did you finally decide to go with, with the bid?

Good luck with it and I look forwards to your pics and updates.
                  well i sent a bid to her and gonna see if she gives the work to me. I bid 400 to clean the palms and for the two trees to be removed i told her 650. for everything she is wanting done i gave a quote for 1100 dollars. that included a mowing and such

Comment

How long did you figure it would take in man hours to do each part of that bid?

Keep us posted too and good luck!

Comment

well this is a bummer. The potential client decided to go another route. she got my quote and some others and just the quotes and prices where to much. so i wont be landing the gig. oh well. cant win them all

Comment

The potential client decided to go another route.
                        Do you mean the customer went with another company or chose to handle it in another way? Did they tell you what the other route was? Maybe you could still help?

Especially if you knew the budget they were looking to spend, you could offer them more options.

Comment

Do you mean the customer went with another company or chose to handle it in another way? Did they tell you what the other route was? Maybe you could still help?

Especially if you knew the budget they were looking to spend, you could offer them more options.
                          Her neighbor is gonna do it for her and shes gonna knock some rent off.. all the quotes she got where just too high and i was supposedly the highest.

Comment

With that situation, do you think you could play the angle of, tree trimming is dangerous and if her neighbor gets hurt, she could be sued for any damages and medical costs? Would saying something like that help sell your price because you are insured and know what you are doing?

Comment

Working...
                            X