Feedback on Bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on Bid

Hey all you landscapers out there. I am looking for a little feedback on a bid I am about to submit. The bid is attached. All the prices include cost of materials and labor. I am wondering if it is too low, too high, or about right.
    Here is a little background information on each line item.
    1.) 2 Queen Palm stumps about 8 - 10 inches in diameter and 2 Robellini Palm Stumps.
    2.) 1 Island - 45 square feet, 1 bed - 175 sf, 1 bed - 100 sf with some existing plants and grass covering the beds completely.
    3.) Installing 2 20 gallon Crape Myrtles and 1 20 gallon Eastern Redbud.
    4.) 3 yards of mulch.
    5.) Taking out 200 sf bed which has some mulch, a few dead plants, and landscape fabric. Then preping the area and laying sod.
    6.) 1 yard of River Sand is going in before the sod.
    7.) A little over $300 worth of miscellaneous plants.
    Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    Attached Files

How long are you estimating it will take you to remove or grind the stumps down and how are you planning on doing it?

How long will it take you to clean out beds and install landscape fabric?

How long will it take to install the three trees?

How long to install the 3 yards of mulch?

How long to remove mulch and l/s fabric, install sod?

How long to install the yard of river sand?

How long to install the miscellaneous plants?

Last but not least, do you need to charge sales tax for these services?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How long are you estimating it will take you to remove or grind the stumps down and how are you planning on doing it?

How long will it take you to clean out beds and install landscape fabric?

How long will it take to install the three trees?

How long to install the 3 yards of mulch?

How long to remove mulch and l/s fabric, install sod?

How long to install the yard of river sand?

How long to install the miscellaneous plants?

Last but not least, do you need to charge sales tax for these services?
      I don't have to charge tax because I am not reselling any of the materials at a profit. I am only making money on the labor.
      I plan to try to dig the stumps out. If that fails, I am prepared to rent a stump grinder. The stumps have been dead for at least a year and a half.
      I am hoping to complete this job in one day, but if I have to go back to finish the next day, I am prepared for that as well. Either way, I will make money on the job. I am just trying to figure out if I am about right or way off on this bid. What do you think? Thanks for the input.

Comment

I think it is best to figure out the estimate when you can break it down into parts.

Look at each part and estimate how long you feel each will take.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X