landscaping bid please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landscaping bid please help

I have a landscaping bid to give and not sure how to bid it or wahat to charge

I have a landscaping bid to give and not sure how to bid it or wahat to charge
    I am sure we can help. However I think we need a little more information to go on... What kind of job? What is your hourly rate. What materials are involved.

Comment

The customer is wanting a 12 foot by 5 foot flower bed with the double stacked landscaping bricks im not sure where to start an hourly rate since im just now getting into landscaping and this is my firast landscaping job i know theres alot of leveling to be done in the area she wants me to go with her to help her with the materials and she had me design the bed. So whats a good start rate for just getting into landscaping ?

Comment

Guesstimate, not a word

Guesstimate is a great answer. Kinda try to figure out what it will take for you to do this for a friend, without loosing money. Then try to figure out what you would like to make if you where a prized landscaper. Bid somewhere in between. If you don't get the job then you are wiser for it. Don't be afraid to loose money when it's your time that costs you, you make zero if your not working. A learning experience is worth a thousand jobs that make you profit.

Comment

Have you figured out what kind of bricks you will be using and how many bricks you will need?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The customer is wanting a 12 foot by 5 foot flower bed with the double stacked landscaping bricks im not sure where to start an hourly rate since im just now getting into landscaping and this is my firast landscaping job i know theres alot of leveling to be done in the area she wants me to go with her to help her with the materials and she had me design the bed. So whats a good start rate for just getting into landscaping ?
            Sounds like a nice job. Well you are going to need to figure out how much brick and base material you will need. Need to figure time to remove old sod if there is any, level area, dig base for pavers and base material. Stack pavers and fill with mulch.

So figure out your total materials, dont forget mark-up and tax. Determine how long it will take you to perform the steps and multiple that by your hourly rate (national average is $45) and then add total labor and material costs.

I would suggest posting some pics as that will help us.

If you are unsure, post your numbers and we will try to disect them and help you.

Comment

Working...
            X