Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice quote to do

Hello there

I am currently working on a quote that is kind of stressing me out. I need to do several things at this property that is gonna be on sale pretty soon. SO this is what I gotta do:

FRONT OF THE HOUSE/GARDEN
    • Remove all shrubbery/trees under living room window - prepare flower beds with top soil. About 600 sq ft of flower beds
    • Remove all cement borders - around flower beds and trees.
    • Remove/clean up around large boulders; remove ground cover - level soil and sod about 50 sq ft

BACK/SIDES HOUSE/GARDEN
    • Remove all sticks; metal; pots; other junk
    • Remove all cement trims around each tree; around flower beds; in front of patio etc.
    • Trim/cut back Quiwi arbour about 900 sq ft total area
    • Remove/cut back all growth/flowers in front of patio; in front of kitchen addition where the hose is and alongside fence by shed
    • Prepare vegetable garden with fresh top soil- levelled etc. 720 sq ft

Install soil and mulch on flower beds

Remove a 50 sq ft glass and metal GREEN HOUSE on the side of the house

SHED
    • REMOVAL of ALL JUNK inside - chairs; pots; plants etc.

Slab WALKWAY side gate to SHED (2 ft x 22 ft)

• Needs to be removed and sodded. Or a gravel walk must be built.

Now, I am guessing this job would take me and an extra guy around 12- 16 hrs. I am gonna be charging 1200 plus materials plus delivery plus tax
    Total 1500 plus tax

This is my first job of the season and I tend to get pretty off on my pricing after the winter time.

Let's break this down to figure it out.

How much time are you figuring each service will take?

* Remove all shrubbery/trees under living room window - prepare flower beds with top soil. About 600 sq ft of flower beds
    total time? =

* Remove all cement borders - around flower beds and trees.
    total time? =

* Remove/clean up around large boulders; remove ground cover - level soil and sod about 50 sq ft
    total time? =

* Remove all sticks; metal; pots; other junk
    total time? =

* Remove all cement trims around each tree; around flower beds; in front of patio etc.
    total time? =

* Trim/cut back Quiwi arbour about 900 sq ft total area
    total time? =

* Remove/cut back all growth/flowers in front of patio; in front of kitchen addition where the hose is and alongside fence by shed
    total time? =

* Prepare vegetable garden with fresh top soil- levelled etc. 720 sq ft
    total time? =

Install soil and mulch on flower beds
    total time? =

Remove a 50 sq ft glass and metal GREEN HOUSE on the side of the house
    total time? =

* REMOVAL of ALL JUNK inside - chairs; pots; plants etc.
    total time? =

Slab WALKWAY side gate to SHED (2 ft x 22 ft)

* Needs to be removed and sodded. Or a gravel walk must be built.
    total time? =

Also, what are you thinking will be the dump fees for all this?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Let's break this down to figure it out.

How much time are you figuring each service will take?

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

total time? =

Also, what are you thinking will be the dump fees for all this?
      I thought this all would take me about 2 days with extra help.

Comment

What equipment are you using? I would budget three guys and either our track loader or skid steer to be working so one could be hauling while the other two are still cleaning and finishing areas. I think I'd have already earned our $1500 for material, labor and other cost in the front yard alone.

Comment

What equipment are you using? I would budget three guys and either our track loader or skid steer to be working so one could be hauling while the other two are still cleaning and finishing areas. I think I'd have already earned our $1500 for material, labor and other cost in the front yard alone.
          unless the backyard does not have any junk i would suggest you charge the same for the back or a bit more depending on how much more work there is in the back compare to the front, also if you already ahve done work for this account before then you might consider giving them a discount but $1500 is really giving your work away...

Comment

I would budget three guys and either our track loader or skid steer to be working
            How much more would you charge then? How many man hours do you think this would take in total?

$3000 total?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

unless the backyard does not have any junk i would suggest you charge the same for the back or a bit more depending on how much more work there is in the back compare to the front, also if you already ahve done work for this account before then you might consider giving them a discount but $1500 is really giving your work away...
              That's what I felt with $1500 even if it was just the front yard It sounds like id be at a loss of time and money already. Have 3/4 ton of concrete to move in the sidewalk alone. I find for most demo jobs cost more to take out and leave clean than they were to install all that concrete alone I know was easier and cheaper to install than taking it out will be.

Comment

That's what I felt with $1500 even if it was just the front yard It sounds like id be at a loss of time and money already.
                What would you bid?

Comment

Sounds interesting. However I would probably add the fact that Im only sodding about 150 sq ft, flower beds have to be redone, Ill rent a bin (just for the convenience) and there is about 150 ft of a linear concrete wall about 1 foot off the ground (a sledge hammer will take care of it).

I really think two guys will take 2-3 days to finish the job.

Trash includes items: chairs, some metal and wood stakes and the concrete around the trees is pretty much concrete edging that is already loose we only have to pick them up and throw them away.

I bid 1700-1900.. I told the customer I will go by the hr + materials and disposal. My personal bid is 1500. But just in case I gave her a higher quote. They hired me. I hope I do ok.

Comment

Sounds interesting. However I would probably add the fact that Im only sodding about 150 sq ft, flower beds have to be redone, Ill rent a bin (just for the convenience) and there is about 150 ft of a linear concrete wall about 1 foot off the ground (a sledge hammer will take care of it).

I really think two guys will take 2-3 days to finish the job.

Trash includes items: chairs, some metal and wood stakes and the concrete around the trees is pretty much concrete edging that is already loose we only have to pick them up and throw them away.

I bid 1700-1900.. I told the customer I will go by the hr + materials and disposal. My personal bid is 1500. But just in case I gave her a higher quote. They hired me. I hope I do ok.
                    Hi i think you miss understood me my suggestion was to charge $1500 for the front which seems really cheap and to charge an additional $1500 for the backyard or give them a $500 discount if they are your old costumers or depending on the junk.

But if you feel comfortable with what you charge i encourage you do it as fast as possible so you can come out making money.

Good luck man P.S. do you give them written estimates?

Comment

Hi i think you miss understood me my suggestion was to charge $1500 for the front which seems really cheap and to charge an additional $1500 for the backyard or give them a $500 discount if they are your old costumers or depending on the junk.

But if you feel comfortable with what you charge i encourage you do it as fast as possible so you can come out making money.

Good luck man P.S. do you give them written estimates?
                      I agree at $1500 I would feel as if I was doing the work to get two guys payroll for those 2-3 days and hope I didn't end up losing money in the end even if I finished in two days.

Comment

Keep us posted on how this job goes and how long it ultimately takes. It will be interesting to hear your review of the bid after you complete the job to hear if you would do anything differently next time.

Also, consider taking some before and after pictures.

Comment

Keep us posted on how this job goes and how long it ultimately takes. It will be interesting to hear your review of the bid after you complete the job to hear if you would do anything differently next time.

Also, consider taking some before and after pictures.
                          All right I finished the job. Luckily I charged for disposal separately.

This is what I ended up charging:

$3000.00 Disposal and taxes included.

It really took me about 4 days.

I guess I was bidding too low when I imagined It would cost $1500.

Thanks guys you really helped quite a bid.

Now a have a new quote I need to do for the same person at another location.

May be you guys can give me some more suggestions:

Front:

Edge all beds, clean up flower beds, top up with mulch.

Side of the house at the front: About 300 sq ft.

Remove all the soil/dirt. Clean up our side of it. Put down cover
                          prior to putting down screening. PLEASE NOTE: NEIGHBOR WILL PROVIDE THE SCREENING AND THEREFORE YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY IT FOR THIS AREA.

Back Garden:

Clean up any rubbish/leaves etc from the side of the house where the
                          gate entry to the garden is

Garden:

Clean up all the leaves and flower beds. Install the large patio stones where the tree was cut (we have the stones). Pick up our tree and plant it in the other area in the garden where a tree had been cut down last year. Put all the mulch on the beds and may need topping up with black mulch. Clean up the pebbles and river rock and add more of each so that it is built up and looks fresh and clean.

Add fertilizer to all the trees/bedding plants (we have purchased the fertilizer)

Remove all the rubbish on the side of the deck by the pond, and clean up. PERHAPS SOME OF THE MULCH CAN BE PUT DOWN HERE SO THAT IT IS NOT MUDDY WHEN YOU GO TO THAT AREA OF THE BACK. RIGHT NOW JUST USED FOR STORAGE OF POTS.

How long do you guys think this would take for two or three guys?

How would you bid on this?

Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Let's break some of this down.

How many linear ft of edging?

What shape are the beds in? How long are you thinking it is will take to clean them?

How much mulch are you gonna need to add?

Comment

All right I finished the job. Luckily I charged for disposal separately.

This is what I ended up charging:

$3000.00 Disposal and taxes included.

It really took me about 4 days.

I guess I was bidding too low when I imagined It would cost $1500.

Thanks guys you really helped quite a bid.

Now a have a new quote I need to do for the same person at another location.

May be you guys can give me some more suggestions:

Front:

Side of the house at the front: About 300 sq ft.

Remove all the soil/dirt. Clean up our side of it. Put down cover
                              prior to putting down screening. PLEASE NOTE: NEIGHBOR WILL PROVIDE THE SCREENING AND THEREFORE YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY IT FOR THIS AREA.

Back Garden:

Clean up any rubbish/leaves etc from the side of the house where the
                              gate entry to the garden is

Garden:

Clean up all the leaves and flower beds. Install the large patio stones where the tree was cut (we have the stones). Pick up our tree and plant it in the other area in the garden where a tree had been cut down last year. Put all the mulch on the beds and may need topping up with black mulch. Clean up the pebbles and river rock and add more of each so that it is built up and looks fresh and clean.

Add fertilizer to all the trees/bedding plants (we have purchased the fertilizer)

Remove all the rubbish on the side of the deck by the pond, and clean up. PERHAPS SOME OF THE MULCH CAN BE PUT DOWN HERE SO THAT IT IS NOT MUDDY WHEN YOU GO TO THAT AREA OF THE BACK. RIGHT NOW JUST USED FOR STORAGE OF POTS.

How long do you guys think this would take for two or three guys?

How would you bid on this?

Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Andrew
                              im more of a visual person take some pics post them i can help u better like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X