No announcement yet.

Pressure Washing Quote... Help Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washing Quote... Help Please!

How would you quote a 9-story apartment complex?

768' (h) x 95' (w) = 72,960 sq ft.

They just want us to do one side of the building.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

95 (h) x 768 (w), Did you mean?

i would think about it like this.. hope it helps.

gutter cleanouts are 1.00 per foot 1 story, 2 per foot 2 story, 3 per foot 3 story.

With that being said @ 9 stories thats 9.00 per foot, i know this is a building not a gutter!

9.00 x 768 ft = 6,912.00$ !!!! WOW.. i would think that would just about cover it, however..

Do you have equipment, like a lift or a bucket? A long enough wand hose to reach this high, or a uno, or scissors lift to carry the whole washer up with?

Actually, if you dont, you might want to find out how your going to get this high up. I dont know of anything except a few high reach bucket trucks that go 90 feet in the air. and you dont want to scaffold this job that for sure.

6.9k is starting to sound like a lowball all of a sudden..

But this is just my unexperienced opinion, about pressure washing 9 story high buildings! If they have that many tennants, then there budget is going to be about 150$ minimum per month x amount of tennants. Im sure its way more than 7k dollars.

You need to look into how much it will cost for renting something to get 90+ foot in the air.. or i dont know much else help for ya untill then, Good luck!
    (352)682-3094 Suwannee River, Florida 32680

Visit my site, http://www.lawnmoore.com, Thanks!

Comment

First off, there is one serious matter to consider.

1. I am willing to be that your insurance will not cover anything over 3 stories. That costs extra.

2. Call a pressure washing contractor that does this all the time and then mark it up or get a cut. They also know how to bid this properly and the questions to ask the property manager about what the expectations are and what the results will be.

Some money is better than none and you can probably network with this guy for more work that you can do. You eat an elephant one bite at a time but dang I would not want to sit down and be expected to eat the whole thing.

Your best bet is to sub this out.

There are lifts that will do 85' but they are rare and expensive to rent. Have you ever been up in one? I have been about 60' and man do they rock and I mean side to side. Throw in a little wind and you better take your sea sick pills.
      Pat

Comment

Thanks for the insights guys!

95 (h) x 768 (w), Did you mean?

Do you have equipment, like a lift or a bucket? A long enough wand hose to reach this high, or a uno, or scissors lift to carry the whole washer up with?

Actually, if you dont, you might want to find out how your going to get this high up. I dont know of anything except a few high reach bucket trucks that go 90 feet in the air. and you dont want to scaffold this job that for sure.
        I actually meant 72' (h) x 95' (w). (I counted 12 CMU's for each floor and forgot to convert to feet)

Pressure washing is a new service that we're adding on, so we don't have all the tools and accessories to fully support it. All very valid points that haven't even crossed my mind. Thanks!

Comment

First off, there is one serious matter to consider.

1. I am willing to be that your insurance will not cover anything over 3 stories. That costs extra.

2. Call a pressure washing contractor that does this all the time and then mark it up or get a cut. They also know how to bid this properly and the questions to ask the property manager about what the expectations are and what the results will be.

Some money is better than none and you can probably network with this guy for more work that you can do. You eat an elephant one bite at a time but dang I would not want to sit down and be expected to eat the whole thing.

Your best bet is to sub this out.

There are lifts that will do 85' but they are rare and expensive to rent. Have you ever been up in one? I have been about 60' and man do they rock and I mean side to side. Throw in a little wind and you better take your sea sick pills.
          This sounds like a great idea. You're right... better something than nothing.

Thanks Doc!

Comment

Keep us posted on what you come up with. If you sub-contract it out, I'd love to hear how they did the job and how they estimated it.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X