Commercial Account Meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Account Meeting

I am meeting with a Manager of a local prperty tomorrow at 3. I was curious to know if for estimating should i give him an estimate right there and then or should i go back home and get it ready? It seems logical if i did it at home and got it back to him what do you think?

I'm just starting my business next month so I haven't even given bids yet, but I would think you would not give it to him right then and there. This would give you time to make it accurate (without forgetting or over looking something) and appears more professional IMO.
    Good luck with it.

Comment

thats what i was thinking! Good Luck with your business

They sent me this PDF as i guess the current company that does it now. They said they are looking to cut cost... what do you think they will cut?

ALso What should i wear? I haven't gotten any Polos done up yet.
      Attached Files

Comment

Most properties are looking to cut cost but not the scope of work

Comment

Well i am going to meet with them tomorrow at 3! I'll let you know how it goes. Do you think i should wear my company t-shirt or just a regular plain polo

Comment

Hi Dillon,

I would go with a polo shirt. You should get a couple of those with your logo on it.

How big of a property is this? Do you have an overhead view of the property so we can see what it looks like?

They sent you the pdf file to let you know the services they want but did they give you a price what the current company is charging so you can see where you can cut costs or what was the purpose of it?

Keep us posted.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I am working on getting some polos made up. They are on my todo list! The meeting wasn't what i was expecting. I went in asked to see the General manager. He told me to look around the property. I went and looked he told me to feel free to go through the job description he sent me. He said alter it to fit what my needs are and what i think needs to be done. That was pretty much it. He told me the Irrigation system needs to be somewhat repaired. someone stole the blowout something. I dont know much about irrigation. That was pretty much it. I measured the flowerbeds i have their measurements to use the mulch calculator. I felt the General manager was stressed. He said the current company just wasn't doing a good job. They didn't give me a current price though.
              Attached Files

Comment

It is a back flow preventer on that irrigation

Comment

oh ok. He said someone stole it? Do you do repairs on irragation system and pressurize the system?

Comment

Yes I install and service systems the back flows get stolen often because they are made of brass

Comment

oh Nice! Would you be interested in teaching me a little about this? Whether i get the job or not i'd still be interested in learning.

Also would you like to help me with this job? =)

Comment

What help do u need I don't mind helping because no one helped me when I started

Comment

well I'd like to learn a little about irrigation. My grandpa has some kind in his yard and i think it will help with a few jobs. I will be going to southwest for landscaping and turfgrass management they teach irrigation but i think its the second or third semester. Truthfully I would like to learn as much as possible.

Comment

The meeting wasn't what i was expecting.
                            How did it differ from what you expected?

I felt the General manager was stressed. He said the current company just wasn't doing a good job. They didn't give me a current price though.
                            How do you feel him being stressed out effected your meeting and also, did you follow up with him to find out what he felt the other company wasn't doing right? What did he want more of to be happier with his property management?

Would you have done anything differently now looking back on it?
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

well steve i just expected a little bit more communication and more formal. He came in we shook hands andd he said go loook around the prperty. then i came back and he asked me if i was giving estimate to him today and that was pretty much it.

He just said they weren't doing a good job. I believe he was having issues with the loading of products becuase he was in the warehouse. He had irrigation repairs needed and said they couldn't hardly get the other people to come back.
                              I didn't think to aslk what they were doing wrong other than that. I was trying to soak in as much as he said. i would deff ask him what could make him happier and maybe talked to him a little more about the job.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X