Help me bid this apartment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me bid this apartment

Approximately 210,000 sf total to be mowed, and approximately 18,000 feet to to be trimmed, didn't get measurements for edging. I would estimate from pictures about 9,000 feet of edging. Along the road is a ditch, towards the back there is pond & river. Really unsure as to what I should bid this at as I've never bid an apartment before.
    Attached Files

Do you know exactly what services they want you to bid on for the year?

Can you list the services?

Can you also list how long you feel each service will take you in total man hours?

Let's break this down and not let anything sneak up and get you later after you submit your bid.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do you know exactly what services they want you to bid on for the year?

Can you list the services?

Can you also list how long you feel each service will take you in total man hours?

Let's break this down and not let anything sneak up and get you later after you submit your bid.
      I agree with Steve here...

Also I am wondering if your numbers are right... I know I'm looking at an arial view but it seems there are a lot more buildings covering that span than grass... not sure, but just wondering.

Comment

From my estimate, the total property is about 780,000sf.

The only services they request are mowing, trimming, edging and blowing. It's a low-income housing complex and there are some bushes and crepe myrtles that could be trimmed, but they didn't request that.

Also, I'm not really sure how long this would take as I've never made a bid on such a large property. My first guess would be anywhere from 6-8 hours with a two man crew.

Comment

What I would do is figure it by peices to come up with a total. Where each building is, fuigure how long each section will take to do the work requested. Then add up all the times to get a total for the whole area. Multiply the time by what you will want to charge per hour. Take into account what it will cost you to do the work in hourly and supplies, ie: gas etc.. then multiply by the number of weeks the job will be for.
          http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

From my estimate, the total property is about 780,000sf.

The only services they request are mowing, trimming, edging and blowing. It's a low-income housing complex and there are some bushes and crepe myrtles that could be trimmed, but they didn't request that.
            I am thinking that 780,000 sf means EVERYTHING. Parking area, building footprint, sidewalks. All areas you are not going to mow.

Why not get a survey wheel and calculate out exactly how big the actual mowing area is? Then use it to calculate how many linear feet of trimming it will be? How many linear feet of edging?

Why guess at it all when you can find exact numbers and then big on that?

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I did that... there is approximately 210,000 sf of mowing area. The total area of the complex is 780,000sf

Comment

Oh sorry about that.
                Approximately 210,000 sf total to be mowed, and approximately 18,000 feet to to be trimmed, didn't get measurements for edging. I would estimate from pictures about 9,000 feet of edging. Along the road is a ditch, towards the back there is pond & river.
                How many total man hours for
                210,000 sf total to be mowed:
                18,000 feet to to be trimmed:
                9,000 feet of edging:
                Along the road is a ditch (will this need to be line trimmed?):

Comment

Working...
                X