X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bidding Commercial... is a PAIN

SO!

New to the commercial world?

Bidding is only about 1/3 of actually GETTING a commercial account. It does take come foot work, along with phone calls, face to face meetings... blah blah blah...

Step 1:
    Call and find out if the property you are after, is taking bids... (if they are, or aren't).

Step 2: (if they ARE)
    Go and walk the property, look for issues the current maintenance company is fouling up (trimming, edging, mowing, ect.)

Step 3: (While still on the property)
    Go into the office and PUT yourself in front of the PROPERTY MANAGER (not the manager on duty, if they arent their; find out when they are and GO BACK!)! Make sure when you go in, you GIVE THEM SOMETHING (Usually a brochure with basic information about your company is good, and a business card, or a FEW).
    Step 3a: (While talking to the manager)
    Q: What kind of service are they looking for? (Full Maintenance, just basic cut, edge, weed and blow?)
    Q: Ask how much they are paying now, and what kind of savings they are looking for? (It is your right as a vendor to know, or ask to see a past bid)
    Q: When do they accept bids? How often do they take bids? (Most commercials ask for new bids at the start of the season and in the north they take separate bids for snow plowing, BE ON TOP OF IT!)

Step 4: (Making a bid, planning and executing)
    Information to INCLUDE WITH YOUR BID!
    1: Local Business Registration
    2: All INSURANCE PAPERS
    3: Paper work to show you do/dont have workers comp
    The BID/Purposal
    4: itemized list of services you will provide with an hours break down of how long it will take (ie: Cut - Hours?)
    5: Thank you letter - mention ONE thing you noticed on the property that you can do better...

I have WON and LOST MANY bids... MANY MANY MANY!

I prefer to WIN... I have one apartment complexes now. I plan to get one more tomorrow. LOL, i hope atleast. (I have an 11 acre horse farm, and a 6acre horse farm, that fall into the same category)

Matt
    M.A.K. Landscaping

http://www.ma-klandscaping.com

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
    Seminole County FL

"Treating your property as if it were OUR own!"

Comment

SO!

New to the commercial world?

Bidding is only about 1/3 of actually GETTING a commercial account. It does take come foot work, along with phone calls, face to face meetings... blah blah blah...

Step 1:
      Call and find out if the property you are after, is taking bids... (if they are, or aren't).

Step 2: (if they ARE)
      Go and walk the property, look for issues the current maintenance company is fouling up (trimming, edging, mowing, ect.)

Step 3: (While still on the property)
      Go into the office and PUT yourself in front of the PROPERTY MANAGER (not the manager on duty, if they arent their; find out when they are and GO BACK!)! Make sure when you go in, you GIVE THEM SOMETHING (Usually a brochure with basic information about your company is good, and a business card, or a FEW).
      Step 3a: (While talking to the manager)
      Q: What kind of service are they looking for? (Full Maintenance, just basic cut, edge, weed and blow?)
      Q: Ask how much they are paying now, and what kind of savings they are looking for? (It is your right as a vendor to know, or ask to see a past bid)
      Q: When do they accept bids? How often do they take bids? (Most commercials ask for new bids at the start of the season and in the north they take separate bids for snow plowing, BE ON TOP OF IT!)

Step 4: (Making a bid, planning and executing)
      Information to INCLUDE WITH YOUR BID!
      1: Local Business Registration
      2: All INSURANCE PAPERS
      3: Paper work to show you do/dont have workers comp
      The BID/Purposal
      4: itemized list of services you will provide with an hours break down of how long it will take (ie: Cut - Hours?)
      5: Thank you letter - mention ONE thing you noticed on the property that you can do better...

I have WON and LOST MANY bids... MANY MANY MANY!

I prefer to WIN... I have one apartment complexes now. I plan to get one more tomorrow. LOL, i hope atleast. (I have an 11 acre horse farm, and a 6acre horse farm, that fall into the same category)

Matt
      Thank you for the input i now have a nice little bid package put together i googled bid package presentation and i found a lot of ideas so i made one that best fits my biz and all that you listed in Step 4 . I think the package will help out a lot since i have this package out together i think i will take it to places i have all ready bid on with just a piece of paper once agin thanks for the advice

Comment

Thank you for the input i now have a nice little bid package put together i googled bid package presentation and i found a lot of ideas so i made one that best fits my biz
        Is there anything you can show, especially the newer members here, so they can get an idea of what they should be doing?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X