Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few prices!

Hey guys!

Im looking to get a general idea of a few of "everyone's Prices". Also i encourage anyone to talk about the differences in prices!

Ill post the best way i can think to rate mine, and look for your best idea on your rate for the same service. If you have a different service, feel free to post it.

1/2 acre mow - 1x monthly = 40 / 30 each weekly
    1 acre mow - Monthly = 75 / 50 weekly
    3+ acres mow - monthly per acre = 50 / Nvr had anyone want 3 acres mowed weekly lol..
    All of those are not including overgrown charges, which can be anywhere from 25+ per acre depending on grade and potential hazards

No yards under 1/2 acre around here.. yet.

Leaf Removal - 250 per acre / 200 per acre piled in 1 pile per acre or more upon request.
    Basic Mulch bed(tater hoe old grass out) - Ill edit this soon, i believe i get 50$ per 3inch deep sq yard, (will edit though, might be wrong)

Trim Palm trees(including cleanup) -
    head high, trimmable with chainsaw - 5-20$
    above head high, trimmable with pole saw - 10-25$
    Above 15", must be climbed or aerial lifted - 25-50+$ (25 minimum, and that usually if they have 10+ and they arent bad, also close to a dump facility. 50 minimum @ 1-2 depending on severity of debris and type, could be more, in ritzy neighborhoods)
    all of those prices include basic booting @ head, 1' or less
    Booting palms over 1' of boots - 10-20 per foot depending on age, as this plays a role in how easy they come off.

Thats about all i can think of now, all mowing is priced with 1 edge every other month minimum.

Anctious to hear others prices, on mowing, and palm trees too i guess

Im on the gulf coast of florida btw.

Might any of my pricing be off, compared to your experiences?

also i have no idea about charging for these services, but would love ideas:

Hedge trimming - roughly +/-
    Last edited by LawnMoore; 02-24-2011, 06:45 AM.
    (352)682-3094 Suwannee River, Florida 32680

Visit my site, http://www.lawnmoore.com, Thanks!

The thing which I don't remember being answered was;

When those who charge by the square foot, are you charging for the entire size of the lot - or are you charging for the lawn only.

I charge by the lawn only (plus the additional charges for obstacles, etc). I have met competition who charge for the full lot and just don't understand why... ?

Comment

Yea, lol i have just been charging by the lot size, and honestly, going by what the homeowner said!

I have a wheel, so i need to engrave this into my brain now.. Measure ALL Jobs!

However, i would like to know then, how much do you charge per square foot? I will use both formulas, on 2 diff properties and see whats going on.

My biggest quarrell with this is how sq ft charging is outrageous @ 1+ acre

So its great for those 10-25k sq ft lawns, but when i go to the acreage homes, i cannot charge by the sq ft, unless its a discounted rate.

So when i do sally's 15k sq ft lawn for the same amount as i do Johns 1 acre for, they might get together on friday night and decide 1 will go elsewhere.

Unless i get a minimum? I have no complaint about a minimum price!

I just want to be making money/profit and not lowballing/working for free.

Comment

I was just doing some thinking over another post, and thought of a decent formula for me to try, or discuss:

1 acre lots = 50/week - 65/10day - 75/bi-weekly - 100/1 cut per month

Does anyone have any similar 1 acre properties they do, this is based upon an average 1 acre lot, with normal line trimming.

Thanks!

Comment

I was just doing some thinking over another post, and thought of a decent formula for me to try, or discuss:

1 acre lots = 50/week - 65/10day - 75/bi-weekly - 100/1 cut per month

Does anyone have any similar 1 acre properties they do, this is based upon an average 1 acre lot, with normal line trimming.

Thanks!
          hi how are you?

well i live in the suburbs of Southern California and there aren't that many 1 acre accounts so i have lots of residential properties the average home lot is 3,000sq ft so most of the accounts i have are about 3,000sq ft properties there is a front yard divided by the house from the back yard and the average price for the service is $35 per service now if they want fertilizing seeding and trimming as needed it adds another $10-$15 per service

palm trees -i charge $75 per palm tree to for full clean up
          this does not include what we charge for cleaning the skirt also taller than 15ft we charge about 90-100

i charge $180 for seeding and adding topsoil for leveling and taking care of holes

thats just what i can think of

oh trimming if not included in their service is $60/hr with $15 minimun

we offer lots of other garden jobs so hope this helps

Comment

1/2 acre mow - 1x monthly = 40 / 30 each weekly
            1 acre mow - Monthly = 75 / 50 weekly
            3+ acres mow - monthly per acre = 50 / Nvr had anyone want 3 acres mowed weekly lol..
            All of those are not including overgrown charges, which can be anywhere from 25+ per acre depending on grade and potential hazards

No yards under 1/2 acre around here.. yet.

Leaf Removal - 250 per acre / 200 per acre piled in 1 pile per acre or more upon request.
            Basic Mulch bed(tater hoe old grass out) - Ill edit this soon, i believe i get 50$ per 3inch deep sq yard, (will edit though, might be wrong)

Trim Palm trees(including cleanup) -
            head high, trimmable with chainsaw - 5-20$
            above head high, trimmable with pole saw - 10-25$
            Above 15", must be climbed or aerial lifted - 25-50+$ (25 minimum, and that usually if they have 10+ and they arent bad, also close to a dump facility. 50 minimum @ 1-2 depending on severity of debris and type, could be more, in ritzy neighborhoods)
            all of those prices include basic booting @ head, 1' or less
            Booting palms over 1' of boots - 10-20 per foot depending on age, as this plays a role in how easy they come off.
            How important is it for you to know how much time you are spending on each job too? I would think time and cost would both be pretty important to compare.

Also, do you have a goal of what you want to shoot for per hour as far as income goes?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X