No announcement yet.

Cemetery Bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't help with the bid in my city I know one company that does a big cemetery and they will have 15 to 20 guys just to mow it in a day I would be careful not to bite of more than I could chew good luck with it

Comment

There is a lot more reading on the forum about cemetery bids.

Try that link and see if it helps. I know from previous discussions, it's the trimming that is always underbid and causes problems later.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

to tell you the truth i work for a cemetery full time and its not even worth it to bid for it....trust me you will regret it even though the check you can get for doing it is large probable the time and stress of going through the whole property to cut trim blow and do whatever else you need to do sucks...where i work the property is about 70 acres of land. With two guys we start monday morning around 9 and go all week to about thursday afternoon. then monday mourning it starts all over again. If i were to decide i would say NO WAY...but thats just my two cents

Comment

Right Choice!

Comment

to tell you the truth i work for a cemetery full time and its not even worth it to bid for it....trust me you will regret it even though the check you can get for doing it is large probable the time and stress of going through the whole property to cut trim blow and do whatever else you need to do sucks...where i work the property is about 70 acres of land.
            If you were to bid on the cemetery property you work at, how many man hours would you need to bill for? How much of that would be for mowing and how much of it would be for line trimming or other things?

What are some of the key points about cemetery bids that most new lawn care business owners fail to see?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

If you were to bid on the cemetery property you work at, how many man hours would you need to bill for? How much of that would be for mowing and how much of it would be for line trimming or other things?

What are some of the key points about cemetery bids that most new lawn care business owners fail to see?
              On the property that i work at would be about 50 to 60 man hours to mow the grass and then i would say about another 15 to 20 more hours to trim. That does not include and blowing or anything unusal...just the basic. In my mind when people bid on cemeterys the done include the extra hours it takes to trim around all of the head stones, foot stones, and marker stones. Another point is the maintenance it requires after working on such a property. Their is a lot of wear and tear due to a lot of stop and go situations. We bought 2 diesel exmark lazer zs 3 years ago one 60 inch with 1400 hours on it already and the 72 inch with 800 hours on it. You go through equipment very quickly and that also needs to be factored into your decesion. The two mowers we bout 3 years ago cost us around 22,000 dollars and that is on state contract so it costs a lot of money.

Comment

When I only had a couple of employes I would bid a lot of medium commercial and grew with those to wear I could do the big commercial plus if u lose a medium property it doesn't hurt as bad ad a bog one

Comment

On the property that i work at would be about 50 to 60 man hours to mow the grass and then i would say about another 15 to 20 more hours to trim. That does not include and blowing or anything unusal...just the basic.
                  If you were to service this through your business, how much do you feel the job would have to be bid at, to give others an idea what really is involved.

Comment

If you were to service this through your business, how much do you feel the job would have to be bid at, to give others an idea what really is involved.
                    I would have to bid 60 man hours(2 men at 30 hours) for mowing and then 30 man hours(2 men at 15 hours) to trim everything.

Comment

Is there an overhead map image you can show us of the property so others can use it to compare to cemetery jobs they may want to bid on in their area?

Comment

Is there an overhead map image you can show us of the property so others can use it to compare to cemetery jobs they may want to bid on in their area?
                        <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=oakwood+cemetery+in+mount+kisco+ny&amp;oe=u tf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;hq=oakwood+cemetery&am p;hnear=Mt+Kisco,+Westchester,+New+York&amp;ll=41. 201534,-73.731915&amp;spn=0.006547,0.011612&amp;t=h&amp;ou tput=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=oakwood+cemetery+in+mount+kisco+ny&amp;oe=u tf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;hq=oakwood+cemetery&am p;hnear=Mt+Kisco,+Westchester,+New+York&amp;ll=41. 201534,-73.731915&amp;spn=0.006547,0.011612&amp;t=h&amp;so urce=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

its called oakwood cemetery in mount kisco ny .. type that into google maps and itll come up their are 2 cemeterys next to each other we are the bigger one on the southern side of the map.a tree line seperates the two cemeteries.

Comment

Don't do it!

I use to be a Super over a 60 acre cem. We bid it out but i know that they won the bid at 62k that being said, they lost money! It took 7-8 men mowing 12-14 hours. Trimming usally toook 9-12 men 12-14 hrs. another thing to consider is each one of those markers cost thousands! if you hit one yo have to replace it. Also, if there are funerals the day you mow-you have to shut it down, hard to do on a tight schedule. Trust me there are so many other ways to make $$

Comment

It took 7-8 men mowing 12-14 hours. Trimming usally toook 9-12 men 12-14 hrs.
                            Is that per day or per week?

What is your view on what they should have charged?

another thing to consider is each one of those markers cost thousands! if you hit one yo have to replace it.
                            Does this ever happen?

Comment

Is that per day or per week?

What is your view on what they should have charged?

Does this ever happen?
                              yes the stones do get hit...not often but when you do and hit and break the stone it cost a lot of money to replace it. The cost depends on the size and special details that were on the stone.

Comment

Are there any special tricks you need to keep in mind when using a line trimmer around head stones? I would figure they could do some damage themselves.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X