Tilling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilling

Whats a good general rate for tilling garden areas?

See if this post helps.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthrea...hlight=tilling
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

It helps a little but really it just says 90 plus float fee for a 5170 SQ Foot yard.

Not sure how I would charge a float fee.

I have a guy who wants 3600 Square foot garden area tilled I was thinking $90.00? I have to rent a tiller for now.

Comment

What does "float fee" mean?
        Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

For Landscaping not sure. Generally a float fee is like an estimate. In the other post it said 90 plus float fee.

What is a general for tilling per square foot? I know the time, materials, over head speech. What the market will bear. Etc.

I am just looking for what others charge in general per square foot. thanks in advance.

I have 3600 feet to till flat area will rent tiller. Not sure what to charge as I have never done tilling for anyone. I have tilled just not as a service. Had someone call about it and would like to offer it maybe even buy a tiller. General prices anyone?

Comment

For Landscaping not sure. Generally a float fee is like an estimate. In the other post it said 90 plus float fee. ...
            Oh, you mean like you'd charge $10 for the estimate and if they accept the work the $10 is applied to the final bill?

Comment

No the float fee would be like $90 plus $65 float fee. So it would be like Min. $90 min. not to exceed $155.00. I read it on another post about tilling. I guess I just tell him $110.00

Comment

No the float fee would be like $90 plus $65 float fee. So it would be like Min. $90 min. not to exceed $155.00. I read it on another post about tilling. I guess I just tell him $110.00
                :shrug: I don't get the point but at least I know what it is now.

Comment

A float fee is a transportation fee, in excavation and the use of our CUTS, it is whatever the hourly rate is for the machine in question, this is an industry standard.

I can till an an acre in 90 min, that is two pass's, 43,560 square feet, min fee is $65.00 plus Float or transportation. Now on some I go real slow, I man be able to do a lawn/garden in 30 min but I will go slow to make it an hour. People get bent sometimes when you show up with an agreed quote of say $150 + tax and you are done in 30 min, what they do not understand is a walk behind may take 2 1/2 hours to do what I do in 30 min and the machine I am using with the attachment is pushing $22,000.00

A walk behind will not give the quality of our high speed tillers, when I go over a lawn you do not see any grass at all, it is shredded into the dirt, it's really something.
                  Andy
                  Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I am glad to hear you have a $22,000 machine and can till an acre in tow passes. Nice:

But still no answer to the question what is a general price per square foot charge for

While we are at it

Tilling?

Lets add

Aerating?

Thatching?

I know how to figure my cost etc etc. I am just trying to find out what other people charge in general?

Comment

I have a guy who wants 3600 Square foot garden area tilled I was thinking $90.00? I have to rent a tiller for now.
                      How much will it cost to rent the tiller?

How long do you feel the job will take?

And as a side note, to explain float fee from another site.

"It is important to include the cost of your equipment in your estimate. You may wish to charge a flat rate for all of your equipment or apply different charge rates depending on the equipment to be used. The price that you charge customers for various machines will be typically based on how much it costs you to supply and operate them. To calculate this cost you need to consider the machine purchase cost or finance/lease charge, insurances, fuel, maintenance and any other consumable items used.

To cover the cost of transport, you can charge a "float fee". This is usually a two-way fee because it involves transport to and from the job. Float fees are generally calculated on the size of the equipment. For a bobcat or small excavator the usual fee is around $50-$100 (local area). If you are required to transport your equipment a long distance, you may need to estimate a special float fee. This is often done by quoting a set dollar amount per Kilometre travelled.

Many small excavation businesses prefer to hire equipment. When doing this, there is normally a "flat fee" or daily rate and hiring charge that should be allowed for."
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I know how to figure that I was just trying to get an idea on what other people charge. From what i have read people just Guesstimate.?

Knowing how long you think something will take and being able to apply a formula and get close are really too different things.

Generally the guy that I work with charge 85-90 per hour and figure that in. The guy who does my excavation work for me usually figures 700 per day. Half day min. Easy enough.

If anyone has any formulas for pricing I would love to see them.

Comment

Working...
                        X