Help! How Much to Charge, First Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! How Much to Charge, First Job

Hi. Well, darn! Ad in a classified got me a chance to quote on a biweekly job, 1 1/2 acres. He says he has more work besides that perhaps. He says some flower gardens will be involved also.

My ad said "lawn mowed, edged and flower beds trimmed, $25 up, depending on lot size."

I didn't expect a job this big this quick. I'll be using a typical push lawn mower, gas weed eater, and will have to quickly purchase a gas edger as mine is electric.

How much should I charge for 1 1/2 acres? Do I need to include weeding these gardens or stick w/trimming the edges of gardens only?

I need an answer in a hurry. I go Monday to bid the job.

Thanks.

What size mower do you have and how long do you think it will take you to service that property?

If you are unsure, use the business calculators here to estimate the time and what you should charge.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthrea...3299#post43299
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

22 inch mower

I have no idea how long it will take. I mow pretty fast. Our yard, between 1/2 to 3/4 acres, it takes me one hour. That's the mowing only,not trimming, edging, etc.

Comment

Conservative Estimate...

...using your calculator...(thanks)...it looks like it will take around 207 minutes or 3 3/4 hours.

How much should I charge?

Comment

Well, can you take what you charge now for your other lawns and use that in this situation?

How much would you charge if you had to mow a lawn that took a half hour? Then could you use that and multiply it by the amount of time needed for this specific job?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X