1 Acre raking job.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Acre raking job.

Ok guys i have a client that needs me to rake his 1-2 acres, of which 70% is covered by shade trees. It seems like it will take atleast a few hours with even my raking skill.

What would you charge, ?
    Read below as well and help again if you can also.

I can also aquire this nearly new 8.5 HP DR Lawn and leaf vac.

Has anyone used a leaf vac?

If so could you provide your estimate of 1-2 acres with said machine, is it easier that raking tarping, etc?

Just need some ideas as to whether buy this lawn vac.

Thanks in advance!!
    (352)682-3094 Suwannee River, Florida 32680

Visit my site, http://www.lawnmoore.com, Thanks!

Is the customer requiring that you rake the lawn or does he simply need the leaves removed?

If it's just leaf removal, I'd do whatever I could to avoid raking all that. It would take forever!

Can you use a leaf blower?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Ok guys i have a client that needs me to rake his 1-2 acres, of which 70% is covered by shade trees. It seems like it will take atleast a few hours with even my raking skill.

What would you charge, ?
      Read below as well and help again if you can also.

I can also aquire this nearly new 8.5 HP DR Lawn and leaf vac.

Has anyone used a leaf vac?

If so could you provide your estimate of 1-2 acres with said machine, is it easier that raking tarping, etc?

Just need some ideas as to whether buy this lawn vac.

Thanks in advance!!
      We have the commercial Dr. Power Vac's, they do in my case 60" at a time, one acre qould take about 1 to 1.5 hours, so $90.00 to $135.00, I could use one of our tow sweepers, same rate or we have 72" rakes that attach to the tractors, same rate.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Ok. Well the client is a friend as well, and he said he would give me 200 bucks to rake

On the leaf vac note, it is only one of the push types, not a pull behind.

Andy would you suggest i maybe not get a self propeled type, and rather get a pull behind unit?

Comment

Is the customer requiring that you rake the lawn or does he simply need the leaves removed?

If it's just leaf removal, I'd do whatever I could to avoid raking all that. It would take forever!

Can you use a leaf blower?
          Some reason i just think a leaf blower wouldnt do the job very well. Its the little oak leaves that blow everywhere.

Ill update as to what happens, thanks guys.

Comment

Ok. Well the client is a friend as well, and he said he would give me 200 bucks to rake

On the leaf vac note, it is only one of the push types, not a pull behind.

Andy would you suggest i maybe not get a self propeled type, and rather get a pull behind unit?
            Maybe PM Justin, he has one and I think it's the bearcat. Those small oak leaves are a PITA with a blower as it's hard to control them, the vac units work perfect first pass, a sweeper will do it in two pass's, raking will take a long time.

I have Justin's blackberry PIN and will ask him to give his feedback.
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X