Ball park for edging!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball park for edging!

Does anyone have a rough idea of what needs to be charged for edging?

With a edging tool or a weedeater, i have both.

TY
    (352)682-3094 Suwannee River, Florida 32680

Visit my site, http://www.lawnmoore.com, Thanks!

I'd say your normal hourly rate.

Comment

Cost+profit= hourly rate

Comment

This might have already gotten figured out, but I thought I would drop my thoughts on this as well.

In a yard that has an already maintained edge, it should only take 10-15 min to do. Probably closer to the 10 min mark. (so you could bid/bill $10
        -$15)

But with a yard that hasn't been edged in a year or more, it can be a little harder. I have done several edges that took me 40-60 min to edge, but until you do an edge that is bad, you wont really know how long it will take. But for already maintained edges, I would say 10-15 min.

Now, that might take a little longer when you first start. When I first started I would pull out the heavy edging machine, fire it up, and roll it along. Now I can handle it with a string trimmer. I feel my quality is good, but I would still like to buy a hand-held power edger, just for an even nicer look.

Also, if I edge is really bad, consider just getting an edging tool. I've found that with edges that have grown over the sidewalk by 8-12 inches, those hand tools work far better then the machine. But if it's just a couple of inches grown out, you could probably just use the machine, and push it along.

But remember that if it is overgrown a lot you will have some cleanup to do as well. So remember that too, and plan where to put the waste.

Comment

Well, even if it doesn't help the OP, it helped me.
          THANKS for the input.

I just "edged" a sidewalk with a trimmer the other day that had grass out about 3" onto the walk in most places... it took forever.

Comment

I just "edged" a sidewalk with a trimmer the other day that had grass out about 3" onto the walk in most places... it took forever.
            As a learning lesson from this job, how long did you initially think it would have taken you and how long ultimately in the end did it take you?

What would that difference in time added up in cost to be?

What would you do differently next time to improve your estimating?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

As a learning lesson from this job, how long did you initially think it would have taken you and how long ultimately in the end did it take you?

What would that difference in time added up in cost to be?

What would you do differently next time to improve your estimating?

Heh, I figured it would take "forever", and it took about 30 minutes. (The mowing portion took 45 minutes, btw)

Not sure I'm understanding your question, but I added an additional $10 to my grass cutting total for the extra time/trimmer line used to take care of his neglected "edging".

Next time I'll take a closer look to see just how overgrown the grass is onto the sidewalk.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X