what to charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to charge?

I was asked to put in a bid on a medium size Catholic school, the school sits on approx 3 city blocks, with a football field,small 30 plot cematary in back, and approx 2 more areas the size of football fields of open areas on the property.and alot of common areas in front and around the school. the whole area is fenced , with alot of trimming and edging to do. I'm thinking it would take 1 full day (8-10 hrs) with 2-3 helpers to mow, trim,edge,clean up the entire area. I'm new to the mowing business but I'm equipped to handle the job. I'm averaging $40-$60 a hour mowing residential accounts by myself, but this will be my first commercial bid. my question is ,I'm gonna have to hire 2-3 helpers at $10 a hour, do i add my extra expense of helpers to my bid? so insted of $60 a HR charge $80 a HR? and since it a commercial property could or should i charge more?

what would some of you charge if you work for 8-10 hours a commercial property with 2-3 helpers.?????

by the way i just started my lawn company 2 months ago, I'm licensed and insured, and things are going great, better yet its been awsome. I'm picking up accounts like crazy, I'm a full time firefighter and it seems like I'm running a full time and a half yard service. I've been very lucky (so far).

Welcome to our forum.

Yes you need to include all your costs in your bid. So make sure you include your employee costs.

I wouldn't charge more than your residential customers simply because they are commercial.

Another thing to consider is, are there additional expenses associated with those employees? I know you said they get paid $10 an hour, but what about the tax you need to with hold for them?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X