3500 sq ft new lawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 sq ft new lawn

I am currently working on a bid for a client. He has 3500 sq ft that he wants seeded. The old grass is completely dead and gone. Nothing there but hard desert dirt. Will need to be tilled and am thinking 4-6" of top soil plus another 1" over seeds.

I don't have any attachments for riding mower so will have to do it all by hand. I am thinking with the ground it will take all day about 8-9 hrs work. Just wanted to get some opinions on what you would charge to see how close I am on my bidding.

rent a rototiller cheap 3 hr rental zip right thru it. Did my front yard earlier this year in about an hr, 2000 sq ft. just figured i would through it out there
    Colton
    Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

rent a rototiller cheap 3 hr rental zip right thru it. Did my front yard earlier this year in about an hr, 2000 sq ft. just figured i would through it out there
      I got a rototiller that I will be using. When I said by hand that was what I meant I would be walking behind instead of riding on tractor. So maybe I can do it in half the time then. What was the ground like. This is pretty hard compacted ground but my tiller is pretty decent and cutting through stuff.

Will need to be tilled and am thinking 4-6" of top soil plus another 1" over seeds.
      Sorry been a long day this is not at all what I was going to do. I am going to lay down 2" of topsoil and mix it in about 4" deep with other soil. Also only going to put 1/4" of soil over seeds. Guess I should of checked my post before hitting submit button.
      Last edited by NewLeafca; 06-28-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I got a rototiller that I will be using. When I said by hand that was what I meant I would be walking behind instead of riding on tractor. So maybe I can do it in half the time then. What was the ground like. This is pretty hard compacted ground but my tiller is pretty decent and cutting through stuff.

Sorry been a long day this is not at all what I was going to do. I am going to lay down 2" of topsoil and mix it in about 4" deep with other soil. Also only going to put 1/4" of soil over seeds. Guess I should of checked my post before hitting submit button.
        I didnt add the top soil like you are but good old Arizona dry hard compact mostly clay soil. Rented the biggest tiller they had to get some weight over the tiller. Still beat the crap out of me but zipped right though it. Kept thinking go faster need to get it back before the 3 hrs are up. Done in an hr total rental time was 2 hrs. Greenest yard on the street now and doesnt need near as much water now .

Anyways went down about 4-6in even had time to re do a few areas that were much harder then others. If you worried about how hard it is try to soak it the day before to get some moisture in there but not muddy.
        Colton
        Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Improve it

Add Aerify and Nature's Magic and have a showplace for future customers!
          http:/www.natureslawn.com

Steve

Comment

I am thinking with the ground it will take all day about 8-9 hrs work.
            How long did this job take in total compared to what you initially thought it was going to take?

Would you have done anything differently if you could redo it?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X