Help fast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fast?

Ok Here is a Google earth picture of the job I need to bid on. I need a fast answer as I have to be there to meet with administrators tomorrow morning at 8am. I had no idea of the scope of the job until I got the address and looked it up a few minutes ago. The picture is below. I have to cut every pond bank, there are 11 in total. They sit at a 45 degree angle and I am told some of the weeds are 4' tall and 1" in dia. Should I still stick with my $35 per hour estimate? Only 6 of the ponds are full so I think those will be the hard ones. I called my bid in to my contact and they told me to reconsider because it was more work than I thought and to be there in the morning.
    Attached Files
    White Company

I am guessing you are going to have to manually trim it with your line trimmer? How long are you estimating this would take?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I am guessing you are going to have to manually trim it with your line trimmer? How long are you estimating this would take?
      Ok so I just got home. Its actually not as bad as it looks. 3 of the ponds now have large rock on the banks and weeds dont grown there so that means there are only 8 of them to do and half those are empty so that's a plus. I though about buying a cheepo trimmer and hiring help but that would cost me $300 for 2 days. I quoted $500 and 2 days. I may have to put in 10-12 hour days but at least I wont have labor to pay. Also that puts me at $250 per day which is above my $200 per day minimum. I did learn there are so many more variables when working for a public entity for example when I got there I was told NOT to tell the Admin that I was not licensed or no way would I get it. However my bid was right at the state max for someone with out a landscape contractor license so I am good there. Also from what I understand I may be waiting a week or two before I get word weather or not I actually get the job or not which is fine.
      White Company

Comment

From what we have seen on here, government jobs usually require proof of all this.

Why do you think they didn't require it?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Steve. Its my understanding that they are a privately owned water district that is under contract and funded by the county so all the normal county regulations such as fair bidding practices do not apply.
          White Company

Comment

Oh very interesting! Keep us posted on how this all works out. I wonder if they will let you know how much the winning bid was for after it is decided. Also, is there any way to see the previous years winning bid?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X