Truck Load Of Mulch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Load Of Mulch

I need help on giving an estimate for a truck load of mulch. The total will be about 2 1/2 cubic yards. So how much should i charge for delivery and installation. I get the 2 1/2 cubic yards of mulch for $25.00 should i up the price on them or just charge delivery and installation?

I need help on giving an estimate for a truck load of mulch. The total will be about 2 1/2 cubic yards. So how much should i charge for delivery and installation. I get the 2 1/2 cubic yards of mulch for $25.00 should i up the price on them or just charge delivery and installation?
    Depends, do you have a dump on your truck or a dump trailer?, can you actually haul 2.5 yards?, when you get it to the site how far do you have to take it and what equipment do you have to take it to the spots? If all manual I have no idea, if a client called us and we determined they needed 2.5 yards the cost all in would be around $290.00 unless we are building the beds then add another $150.00
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

picframer, yeah i can put 2.5 in my truck i just put a tarp over it. Everything would be manual. I wish i had a dump truck... But i have two workers that i would take and they would unload my truck and dump it and spread it around. The distance between my truck and the yard won't be that far its just a few yards or so. Does this help? I was looking to charge around 200.00 is that fair??

Comment

picframer, yeah i can put 2.5 in my truck i just put a tarp over it. Everything would be manual. I wish i had a dump truck... But i have two workers that i would take and they would unload my truck and dump it and spread it around. The distance between my truck and the yard won't be that far its just a few yards or so. Does this help? I was looking to charge around 200.00 is that fair??
        Two yards is a pretty small job, I assume you will lay fabric under the mulch, $200 to $250 would be the range in my area.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

try this

For a job like that I would charge $197.50 plus tax.

This includes delivery of the mulch, dumping and spreading it. It does not include any prep work that would have to be done to the area and it does not include weed fabric that is sometimes laid. Around here we rarely lay fabric under mulch but we do for all rock jobs.

hope it helps.

Comment

alright thanks for guy's help. I haven't asked the customer about the fabric but hey its extra money so i will ask. I am going to pay my two guys a total of 35.00 each so my profit will be around 100.00 or so. Thanks for the input

Comment

Keep us posted on how long the job takes.

Also take some pictures!
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Keep us posted on how long the job takes.

Also take some pictures!
                You should almost start a forum called before and after pics, I tend to take quite a few as everyone knows but I like seeing others work, how they do it, ideas etc.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I was actually about to post this same question, but about bark. I can get hemlock for $29/yard. It takes me about an hour to spread a yard.

I can't seem to get ahold of anyone to ask them their prices.

After talking to a friend, we had come up with $50/yard installed. That doesn't include laying fabic, that's just doing a top-dressing of bark. But after reading through others comment, I think I'm way too low on price.

As I was typing this out, a company called me back and told me they charge $38-$48/yard depending on bark quality. So that is right where I guessed it.

So, what about laying bark? I could probably hold 2.5 yard in my small trailer. But the cost of bark is was higher then mulch, any thoughts on this price?
                  Andrew Baker
                  Landscape Contractor
                  Neighborhood Lawn Care, Inc
                  Vancouver, WA
                  http://neighborhoodlawncare.biz

Comment

What kind of mark-up are you using for mulch?

Could you use a similar % mark up for the mulch and then add in the amount of time it would take to install?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X