Hedges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedges

Well I decided to take on trimming hedges and it is very popular I have 5 estimates pending and I am not sure on how to quote them besides the obvious labor + disposal. Is there anything else any of you do to help decide what to charge?

Well I decided to take on trimming hedges and it is very popular I have 5 estimates pending and I am not sure on how to quote them besides the obvious labor + disposal. Is there anything else any of you do to help decide what to charge?
    The only other thing I consider in my estimates is the height of the hedges. I have three clients now that all have tall hedges that they want kept trim. They cost more because I have to use a ladder to reach the tops thus it takes longer to trim them.

Comment

A dollar a minute

Myself and another landscaper figure we should be making about a dollar a minute plus removal and matirial. Also if you have done some shrubs before go off there size and how long it took you and try to figure how long it would take to do the next ones also factor in are you just taking off new growth or do you have to reshape the whole thing. New growth is quick and for me it usually comes out to $10.00 bucks a bush for a little trim get in the habit of dropping a tarp under the spot you are trimming it makes claen up so much faster sound like obvious advise but I see so many crews not dropping tarps and after they leave it looks bad. Hope that helped

Comment

get in the habit of dropping a tarp under the spot you are trimming it makes claen up so much faster sound like obvious advise but I see so many crews not dropping tarps and after they leave it looks bad. Hope that helped
        I did this on my first few trims, No Tarps. It looked great after I got done but a job that should of taken 20min took me an hour. The trimming went as planed but the clean up took forever. While I was cleaning up I noticed another company doing an apartment building next door. They all had tarps down and were gone before I was. I found out that Home Depot sells the tarps and quickly got me some. Life is good now So yes by all means use the tarps.

Comment

dohhh

wow im a dummy never thought of using tarps.... hated the way it looked after I left a job.
          Colton
          Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Depending on the type of bush, i normally just sweep the clipping back under the bush. over time it wil break down and be very good for the soil of the bush. leaves fall in the wood and look how great they all look. so why waste all that time sweeping up the debris and cost to haul it away. depending on the amount of debris.

Comment

tarps

In nor cal most people have green waste cans its easy make a taco out of the tarp and dump in can. the cans holds about 25 bushels so it holds a bunch I cant imagine leaving a hole bush on the ground some is ok but most people out here are real picky about the clean up

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X