• Show
Clear All

• please help with princing

How much should i charge for..
    -rolling?
    -dethatching?
    -aerate?

price for 1/2 acre and a yard 40ft by 60ft

if you can price each service seperatly.
    Thank you to all!!!

We just recently had a discussion on the bidding of lawn rolling but I would ask, do you have the equipment to do this or would you have to rent it?

How long do you feel it would take you to perform each service?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

i do have all the equipment

Comment

no more then 30 to 45 min

dethatching is a little more because i just had a yard that needed to be dethatched and i did not know it was so much work i had 18 trash bags of grass (42 gallon trash bags) and i did the job for $50...i know i under bidded on that.

Comment

if you know your hourly rate, then use that to charge. if you think it will take up to 45 minutes, then chagre 75% of your hourly rate.

Don't forget to charge for the disposal.

Comment

help on priceing a job...

im a new guy starting my own landscaping company. how much should i charge for a lot that is 40ft X 140ft. he is looking for just grass cutting one time service and if i do good work he would like me to do weekly service how much would i charge for something like this. any help thanks..

Comment

im a new guy starting my own landscaping company. how much should i charge for a lot that is 40ft X 140ft. he is looking for just grass cutting one time service and if i do good work he would like me to do weekly service how much would i charge for something like this. any help thanks..
              Well that question has so many different variables that make it impossible to answer correctly. What is your hourly rate? How long will it take you to mow it? What will your market bear in your area? I know what I would charge in my area, because I know how long it would take me to do it, I know what my hourly rate is, what my profit margin is, what my expenses are and what the average going rate for a yard that size is in my area. These questions don't have a "one size fits all" answer. 5,600 sq ft of yard is small but there could be a lot of trimming to do. You could use the niffty calculator on this site to get you in the ball park.
              Last edited by doug1980; 04-23-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

like doug mentioned above ,there are tons of variables ,is there a house on the lot,or is it just a rectangle?how many trees?how many gardens?walkways?do you have to trim?bag?mulch? too many questions,no single answer is correct .

Comment

Well that question has so many different variables that make it impossible to answer correctly. What is your hourly rate? How long will it take you to mow it? What will your market bear in your area? I know what I would charge in my area, because I know how long it would take me to do it, I know what my hourly rate is, what my profit margin is, what my expenses are and what the average going rate for a yard that size is in my area. These questions don't have a "one size fits all" answer. 5,600 sq ft of yard is small but there could be a lot of trimming to do. You could use the niffty calculator on this site to get you in the ball park.
                  ok thanks for the info it would take me about 1 hr or so to cut and trim and do a clean up my rate is $30 an hr for me pluse the expensive i figured $280 a month with all. what do you think of the price? thanks for the help....

Comment

Working...
                  X