Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Looking for help. I have 2 teenage boys looking to start a lawn mowing buisiness. We have no idea how to bid a larger job. The Boys need to submit a bid for a 27 acre airport. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You, Jennifer

This might help...

Figure out how fast their equipment can mow. For example: 1 acre per hour or 2 acres per hour. Lets say they have machines that can mow 1 acre per hour. So it would take them 27 hours to mow.

Now figure how fast they can trim meaning linear feet per minute (test it at home). then figure out how many linear feet they have to trim at the air port. take your linear feet from the air port and divide by your speed then divide by 60 to give you how many hours it will take to trim. Add this time to the time it will take them to mow.

now you have a total. Lets say it will take them 50 man hours to do this job as an example.

Now multiply their hourly rate times the time it will take them to mow and trim. after you get this number multiply it by 1.1 That's a 10% increase for unforseen obstacles.

this will give you the bid number.

For a rough estimate, I know of guys who charge $60 per acre. So that would mean about $1620 plus the trimming charge and edging if that is part of the deal.

Comment

Hi Jennifer,

That is a huge area! Why are they trying to start with something so big? Why not some smaller residential properties first?

Also, do you know if the airport will require commercial insurance before you submit a bid?

What kind of equipment do you have to use on such a property?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

watch out for airport security!

Comment

Working...
        X