help with cemetery bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with cemetery bid

There is a cemetery that is open for bids that i would like to place a bid on but i have no idea on the price i should give. Looking at google map it is roughly 250'X450'. It is mostly flat terrain with two roads going through it. It wouldn't be too bad except for all the weed eating. I am pretty sure i could get it all done in one day with somebody on the weed eater. I realize that this isn't close to enough info. for you guys to give me an idea on price but any help would be appreciated.

bid

depending on where you live and the economy you should know the National average for lawn service is around $45. to $50 an hour I know where I live it is very hard to get that The bigger lawn care guys where I live get $30 per hour per guy. The way we do it is multiply the square footage by 0.015 and for your estimated square ft you get around $1700 a month or more if you count having to trim around all the head stones it may be more or less in your area. Good luck and I hope that helped

Comment

Something to keep in mind is that almost every time we see a lawn care business on here who wins a cemetery bid, they later find they underbid it.

And you are right, it's usually due to all that trimming.

Is there anyway you can mow and trim it once for free before you bid on it to learn how long the job will take?

Then you could accurately bid on the job.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Nice Steve

I was thinking about the question mxr asked and I was thinking the same I just asked a local mini mart what they required to bid there job and all they said was to beat the current guys price. So I was thinking it would be nice to do one time to see how long it would take I have no idea how to bid commercial accounts I know I have bigger residential accounts that pay less for more work but the mini mart would be all inclusive unlike residential accounts that pay extra to have weeds pulled, fertilizer replace sprinkler heads and so on so now I am in sort of the same boat. Do I offer 10% less than they are paying now? or do I offer a detailed list of services that surpasses the current guy and hope for the best.

Comment

mini mart

do I offer a detailed list of services that surpasses the current guy and hope for the best.
          This is my vote!

If they are actively seeking bids, my guess is you won't need to go 10% less, but a promise for better quality at the same price. You know they are willing to pay it if they paid that price last year.

Think about this, I assume they are not satisfied with the service they recieve, so why would you ask for less to do a better job than the guy before you? I'd throw in a 1 time extra and keep the same income as the pervious guy if you know his number. On the other hand if they are looking for the lowest price, wouldn't you rather spend your time on an easy to ratain client?

Mini Marts always have traffic, cars hanging their bumpers over the curb, shrubs to mow around, islands, ect.. There is more risk for you kicking up a rock and busting someone window, more risk of making their clients mad, but then again there is more traffic to get your company seen too.

I'd personally take the easier place to mow, but that is what I'm interested in..
          Last edited by mharbert; 03-12-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I just asked a local mini mart what they required to bid there job and all they said was to beat the current guys price. So I was thinking it would be nice to do one time to see how long it would take I have no idea how to bid commercial accounts I know I have bigger residential accounts that pay less for more work but the mini mart would be all inclusive unlike residential accounts that pay extra to have weeds pulled, fertilizer replace sprinkler heads and so on so now I am in sort of the same boat. Do I offer 10% less than they are paying now? or do I offer a detailed list of services that surpasses the current guy and hope for the best.
            The question I have for you with all of this is why are you looking for commercial clients at the moment and commercial clients like this?

How would it effect you if a residential customer told you that you can have the job if you simply beat the current price? What's your view on that?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

ok heres the deal

The area we live in was doing really good a year ago. However it is a cultural melting pot of all different groups of people this particular melting pot seems to own most of the retail and residential property in this area I do work for a lot of them and it seems that they are always looking for the best price until they find the guy they want no matter what the cost and no longer want to deal with anyone else then price doesn't matter anymore if your work proves it is worth what they are paying. I have seen the guys who currently take care of this property and for the price they pay they are only getting minimum service. So I plan to set the standard on what they should be getting

Comment

Working...
              X