bidding sod installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bidding sod installation

I have been asked to install sod in a clients yard. I have done this many time on the golf course I work at, but never for my business. I will be laying about 1500 sq. feet. The customer wants me to do it, but I'm not sure what to charge him. Does anyone have a standard for what to bid per square feet or how does anyone else bid this?
    Thanks,
    Brian Barnes
    Barnes Lawn Care

i charge $60. per pallet to lay it down. the pallet is 504 sq.ft.

Comment

Ok thanks. The closest sod farm from me is about an hour away. I have a trailer that can haul 2 pallets, but I need 3 pallets. So that means I have to make 2 trips. Does the $60 include delivery/pickup?
      Thanks

Comment

What kind of price do they charge for delivery?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I charge 50 to take the old up, 50 to take it away, and 50 to lay it down. If any real grade work is needed I charge another 50. This for a 400sqft pallet.

Comment

50 to take it away,
            What do you do with the old sod you remove?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

30 a ton at the dump. If it's dry thats about 4 pallets cut with a sod cutter

Comment

They said they do not deliver, but have a trailer I could use to haul on if I needed it. Most of the area I have to lay is already stripped. It is an area where a garage was built and where shrubs were removed.

Comment

Then take the 50 for removal and charge a delivery fee

Comment

Ok thanks for all the help

Comment

i charge 1.50 per sq foot just for the install of soil and turf and it works out for me

Comment

Working...
                      X