Fruit Tree Pricing Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit Tree Pricing Help

A lady has Eight Fruit Trees she wants pruned i quoted her at 35.00 Each she said she got quotes as low as 20.00 Each. What is the general I should charge to trim and prune a fruit tree. i do a good job and think 35 dollars to prune the trees is not bad. They are not huge and not too over grown but slightly. Any ideas would be great thanks.

A lady has Eight Fruit Trees she wants pruned i quoted her at 35.00 Each she said she got quotes as low as 20.00 Each. What is the general I should charge to trim and prune a fruit tree. i do a good job and think 35 dollars to prune the trees is not bad. They are not huge and not too over grown but slightly. Any ideas would be great thanks.
    Figure $1 per minute on each tree..

In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith

Comment

Are you going to be using a ladder for this or can you do it all from the ground? How tall are they and how difficult will they be to reach? How much time are you thinking each will take?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I figured it out

I figured each tree would take me an hour altogether, I was giving her a deal because she told me, she would hire me for a job I already completed if I could give her a good deal o the trees. 35 for an hour cheap but OK.

She wasn't having it, so I explained to her that I was planning on properly trimming her fruit trees and not just shaping them. I told her I understood her wanting the best price. " I hope you trading apples for apples". Then told her to please consider me for any future projects. I didn't even add dump fees I was going to chip them and use them for mulch and my house.

Thanks

Comment

Do you get the feeling if she was like this on one job she would be like this on all of them and it wouldn't be worth working with her on them?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

A lot of times if I have nothing going on anyway, I will work a bit cheaper. Just tell them that at that rate you need to be paid in cash. It will get you more work in the future.

Now if you're slammed with work then you don't ever have to negotiate on your price, but it's still nice to help out once in a while especially with a nice lady. She's probably not looking to rip you off, she might be on a fixed income.

Comment

Another thing I was wondering is if it would be a good time now or not to be pruning trees. Could you still run into some frosty nights that could damage the tree?

Comment

A lot of times if I have nothing going on anyway, I will work a bit cheaper. Just tell them that at that rate you need to be paid in cash. It will get you more work in the future.

Now if you're slammed with work then you don't ever have to negotiate on your price, but it's still nice to help out once in a while especially with a nice lady. She's probably not looking to rip you off, she might be on a fixed income.

Now fixed income she has a custom home that was built to mimic a french mansion in the country side, a spectacular English hedge and so on.
                I thought about it like you said but then it makes me look like I could do it cheaper. I like to take my time and do a really good job if I do it on the cheap like dude said earlier I will be setting myself up for on the cheap always with her.

Also it probably won't frost again we are in Washington. The best time to prune apple trees. So Ive "read" is in winter around here. Good lookin though bro.

I just wrote to her explained to her that I was going to remove all the crossed crowded dead and diseased branches like you are suppose to on fruit trees and if she just wanted them shaped like bushes I could lower my price. I doubt the other companies can do a great fruit tree prune for 20 a tree and if they can I'd gather be a high end "professional".

Comment

well that says a lot, I have found the wealthiest people are often the cheapest, that's probably why they are so wealthy.

Comment

Nice webpage

I was checking your web page pro cut and you seem to ave got this lawn care thing down. What do you think the most efficient form of advertising is?

Comment

I was checking your web page pro cut and you seem to ave got this lawn care thing down. What do you think the most efficient form of advertising is?
                      OK here they are my marketing strategies that have worked and not worked:

#1 door to door flyers attached to the door knob by me, seems to be the best way to start up a business or grow in a new neighborhood. Statistics say for every 100 flyers hung, you will get 10 calls of which you will land 1 new client. I keep my flyers simple stupid less is more, people are not going to read the whole thing just use KEY words and have a FLASHY company logo. Brand recognition and standing out matter in this business.

#2 craig's list is also a good tool, but only for starting out. The reason I say this is that you get mostly low ballers on there looking for a deal. There is no need to work cheap once you are established. Start your prices lower to build a client base faster then go up little by little until you start losing bids then back it down a bit. If you are landing every bid as a start up, your prices are too low. You might place an ad on there every other week or so just to keep your name out there, but don't work to cheap.
                      Other free internet site that have gotten me some business are myspace and facebook. Also make sure you company is listed on every free site you can find to post it click here for a few examples and links

#3 local news papers or coupon flyers work ok, but I have not run a print ad in quite some time. The phone book IMHO is a waste of money and a dying resource.

#4 local home shows, these can be expensive depending on the venue. You might want to save this for when your company is bigger. I did a how show and got RFQ's for two big condo associations. One complex was too big for me to handle, so I did not bid, and I lost out on the other bid to a company that was licensed to spray chemicals.

I hope this helps out.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks! I already use craigslist I post Everyday and get a lot of response that way. I have a degree in multimedia so I can code HTML, take Hi-Rez Photos, and so on. SO I post really nice ads which seems to keep the low ballers away for the most part. I actually just got a job well bid a job for 104 yards of mulch or bark. For me that quite alot.

But thanks I was wonder how wll the door hangers work. Do you use just flyers you print and stickers or actual printed door hangers?

Comment

Other free internet site that have gotten me some business are myspace and facebook. Also make sure you company is listed on every free site you can find
                          Do you keep track of what % of calls come in from such marketing avenues? I guess it can't hurt if its free to post right?

Comment

Do you keep track of what % of calls come in from such marketing avenues? I guess it can't hurt if its free to post right?
                            I try to remember to ask how they heard of ProCut Turf Management ,but I often forget. As for myspace the RFQs typically come in message form. I have yet to get a job from facebook, but I just started using it for marketing. I was trying to keep it private for a while, but then decided to add the business to it and start a fan page I don't get a whole lot of work off the web right now, but the more I'm on there the more I expect it to pay off. Most of the stuff I do online is free so I am out nothing, but my time. And as long as I'm on the computer anyway, I may as well put it to work for me.

Comment

Are you doing alot of search engine optimization for your site? Do you rank high for the key terms you find people are looking for to find you?

Comment

Working...
                              X