No announcement yet.

Bidding Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I turned in the bid, but only the first part. The guy said that there were two parts to the bid. The first part was to see what we can offer (as far as being able to do the work), and the second part is the actual bidding.
    What was your view on why you only handed in the first part?

How do some of you all do your bidding? I know that if they want to know how much I'm going to charge for each place, I'm going to have to go out to each place and measure everything: grass areas, sidewalks, roadways/parking lots, bed areas, etc. to give the right price. Is there an easier way to do this?
    That is the best way. You can get a surveyors wheel to help you measure the distances better.

But if you don't get this down to a science, your bids will be all over the place and they will lack a consistent level of profit that you need to grow.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I only handed in the first part, because that's all he gave me. I guess he's going to look it over to see what I can do for him, and then send me the second part if he sees it fit. Hmmm?? I've never did bidding for a commercial company before (well, not my own on everything). I have to wait for him to email me the second part to fill it out and send it back.

I've bidded on small jobs for a commerical company before where I worked. It was just like storm clean up, or tree removal, installing a new bed, etc. Just small stuff. This is something I would have to do in parts and then put everything together. I think I'm more overwhelmed than anything.

As far as the surveyor wheel, that's what I use for measuring everything. I measure the lawn areas, bed areas, sidewalks, roadways, parking lots, etc. It's great, and mine has a kickstand so I can stop and write (pretty cool!)

Thank you for your input, I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Ok, it's been about 3 days since I handed in the first part of this bid. The guy hasn't sent me the second part yet either to fill out and send back.

Should I wait about a week or two and call him? I am wondering if he even looked at it yet. Just asking for future references. Don't know exactly what to do. Wait and not say anything, or wait and call?

He is supposed to be sending the part where I give him prices for my services. Don't know what he's doing. I don't want to call because I don't want to sound desperate to him for the job.

Any suggestions???

I don't want to screw this up or be a pest.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I'd say follow up and ask him for it. It shows you are interested in getting the job.

Who's to say if you will or you won't but even if you simply make this a dry run practice of it, it will help you for your next commercial bid that is right around the corner.

Keep us posted.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I had a hard time finding this post again.

How come when I typed in my name in the search, it said "mortonslawn is on a distinguished road....". Why does it say that?

Comment

How come when I typed in my name in the search, it said "mortonslawn is on a distinguished road....". Why does it say that?
              Look above and to the right of each post. You will see a kind of halls of justice scale. When you make good posts, members can click on it and add to your reputation and then it changes your status like that.

Comment

Working...
              X