walmart account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walmart account

i would like to bid on a wallmart account.Does anyone know how much insurance coverage they would require like 100,000-1 million etc...Also do they require you to have workmans comp? or any other type of coverage that i might not know about.

i would like to bid on a wallmart account.Does anyone know how much insurance coverage they would require like 100,000-1 million etc...Also do they require you to have workmans comp? or any other type of coverage that i might not know about.
    Where I live to bid on commercial accounts you require 2 million liability, even for just mowing, workers comp, copy of your registration of your company with the province, CCRA (same as IRS) and WHMIS

http://www.whmistraining.ca/index.cfm

Most commercial accounts here or a great deal of them here do a Request For Proposal (RFP) it will list the requirements.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I got 1mill gen liab, 1mill comercial vehical, 2mill umbrela and that was fine for wally. If your not inc then you will need to so you can file workers comp exempt. This will not cover employees

Comment

hey thanks guys.The bids have not come out yet but wanted to know a little something ahead of time

Comment

Won't they tell you what they specifically require on the bid? Or do they wait until you apply to ask you this?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Won't they tell you what they specifically require on the bid? Or do they wait until you apply to ask you this?
            I think he is taking a proactive approach to see what he needs before he gets to the point where he can bid, smart move IMHO as he can figure the costs of getting what they require before he bids, also allows him the opportunity to approach them before they approach the market.
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Good point.

I am sure a lot of forum readers are wondering how to go about finding when Walmart is accepting bids and how to find out about this.

Does anyone have any advice on this?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

the bid proposal has not come out yet but I wanted to get all my stuff together and up my insurance if I needed to.the only thing I was concerned about was the amount I needed.This will be the first commerical account that i will be bidding on. so was not sure what the requuirements were and how much to bid it for.I Read on a previous forum to maybe offer a free mow to see the time involved in it but did not know if that was practile or not being that it is a bid. Thanks to all for the insight on this.

Comment

I've seen some guy's do that. But heres the thing, you could waste a whole day to figure your time, and then not get the bid.

Comment

Wal-Marts

You will need to get a Vendor # first Then most all Stores will handle all lawn care and parking lot sweeping bids thur there own store 1mil lns. is ok but some want 2mil We carry 5 mil because they will be changing in the next couple years

Comment

on a previous forum to maybe offer a free mow to see the time involved in it but did not know if that was practile or not being that it is a bid. Thanks to all for the insight on this.
                      I think it all depends on where you are at with understanding your bidding. Some business owners have their system down and can look at a property and know how long it will take.

While others, especially when you are new, are not going to be able to do this. So I would think it would be a lot safer to service the property 1 time for free to get a real time as to how long it will take than it would be to underbid the job and lose money all year long.

On top of that, it would give you a better ability to estimate other jobs in the future. This is all a learning process.

You will need to get a Vendor # first
                      How does one go about getting one?

Comment

Wal - Wart

Go to the UPC Office at you Wal -Mart and ask Vendor # paper work You might be able to go online now I've had for about 10 yrs

Comment

Once you get this vendor #, do they then send you bid information or do you then still have to contact them and let them know you are bidding for what ever job you are looking for?

Comment

Wal - Mart

When it comes to lawn care/lawn maintenance or parking lot sweeping the store manages are allow to do the hiring

Comment

Ok so all this is handled locally and you gotta contact the store manager for a bid package I guess to fill out and hand back into them?

Any thoughts on how it has been to have Walmart as a customer? How long does it take them to pay? How picky are they etc?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X